My Aunt Esther and Cousin Dalene came by last night with this bouncey seat. I was surprised, and she said, "Well you registered for it, didn't you?". HA! My sister has been caught. I guess she has been scheming something. Thank you Aunt Esther and Dalene.
Ava loves this thing! I honestly would not have thought to "register" for this, if I was registering, because I would have thought she would be too long. She does hang off the edge, but it is perfect for her developtmentally. Now I know what to send to the orphanage for the other kids like her. I had tried to see if she would reach for toys before now, and she hasn't until today. She has been working hard on these little dangly toys, batting them, pulling on them. Her Daddy asked me to blog today and take some pictures of her. It was hard for him to go back to work, I'm sure, after having so much time bonding with her in Ukraine, on the train, and the flight back home.
Jude was the only one in the family with blue eyes until now. He is very proud to share his eye color with his little sister. He begged me to bring her up for kindergarten show-and-tell today. The letter of the week is "L". So he introduced her as "L" is for "Little sister". Of course he was quick to point out how stretchy her legs are, and the kindergartners were very amazed.
Friday, February 08, 2008
A first!
Posted by liesel at 12:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
She looks so good! Look at her in her little warm up suit! :)
Who is this baby? She looks great. Are you getting back in the swing of things or are you just sitting and looking at her like you do for the few first days after a baby is born? Also tell us about what she is eating?
She's beautiful! I was just telling Ken how beautiful she is and every day she looks healthier! You don't know how badly we wish we were there! We had planned to come til we remembered the big test. If Heather does well enough ORU said they'd offer her a scholarship so thats why we kept the date. Keep those pics and posts coming. love ya bunches!
She's so precious. I don't blame Jude for wanting to show her off! :)
Charissa, I just cannot tell you how happy I am that Ava is home! Every time I visit your blog (which is often) tears of joy just spring to my eyes and I am overwhelmed by the love of God for His children!
Ava looks amazing. . . and she has only been home for a few days! Isn't it incredible what they love of a family can do for a child!?
I started following your story over the last few weeks, and man, I'm HOOKED! (I found your site through Meredith....I "know" her from an online down syndrome support group). I cannot wait to watch this little girl thrive and grow in your care. She is a beauty and one very lucky little girl to have found your family.
Princess slippers...how fitting. :) Shes beautiful, but you know that right? :)
"Stretchy" I love it! Yes, they can be quite stretchy.:) Jimmy at 21, can still put his foot behind his head!!
Amy
SO glad that she's loving the bouncy seat. I showed the video on Jon's blog to my class today. I can't stop thinking about holding Ava last night. I'm sorry we couldn't be there today. Spencer is dying to get up there to see her.
She is just so sweet
I wonder what she is thinking!! I bet she has spent so much time sitting up! A whole knew view of the world!
How precious is she?! I love the pictures that you posted today! I get on your blog daily... actually, multiple times a day (I am addicted). Anyway, EVERYTIME I do, I cry. I am so overcome with emotion because of what you all have done for this sweet little angel.
I know that your lives are more blessed because Ava is a part of them; but she is so very blessed to have been adopted into such a loving family. In the few days that your little beauty has been home, she is definitely thriving. What am awesome journey you are now a part of! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it as well:)
Post a Comment