CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday Simeon!


How well I remember that February 17th in 1998. After 26 hours of long hard labor, 2 1/2 hours of pushing (and NO epidural, thank you very much), I got to hold that sweet 9 lb 2oz baby boy in my arms. For the first time, I was a mother. This boy has brought so much joy into my life (and quite a few messes). If anybody is "all boy" it is my Simeon. As I type this he is riding his new rip stick...in the house. Ugh. He is full of energy, life, love, sweetness, sense of humor. He really is a great kid. Just this morning at church someone commented on what a sweet brother he is as he was proudly carrying his new sister Ava.

Normally I try to make my kids' birthday cakes from scratch, using my Hobby Lobby decorating skills. This year, however was an exception as things have been....a little busy. I was feeling a little guilty about it, so I apologized to him for not making and decorating a cake for him this year. Trying to console me, he said, "It's OK Mom, the cakes from Wal-Mart are better than yours anyway." Uh...I guess I'm forgiven then? :) And we had to use matches for candles because I plum forgot. Oops.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Simeon.
Hope you had a great birthday. That cakes sure looks yummy

Stephanie said...

we forget the candles EVERY year, one year my daughters cake had tapered candles on it, ya know the ones you put in candle stick holders to make your dining room table look beautiful, Thankfully she was only 4 and we didnt need too many of them :).

Happy 10th birthday Simeon, say good bye to single digit birthdays!! My son will also be 10 this year, july 15th. I can't believe it!

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday, Simeon! He is truly a wonderful kid. Charissa, I was just telling my mom what a sweetie he is. Anytime I am on a walk with the girls and Simeon is playing outside, he always stops what he is doing to tell Addisyn "hi". Not many 10 year old boys would do that for a 4 year old little girl:) By the way, I already thought you were Super Woman, but the story about your labor with Simeon confirms it! I was begging for an epidural after 7 hours of labor... and Addisyn only weighted 6 lbs. 11 oz!

WheresMyAngels said...

Happy Birthday to him!

Love the cake comment from him!! lol Kids are so honest!

Dalene said...

Ha Ha Ha... Thanks?

Anonymous said...

Nat was 10 in October, for some reason I remember visiting you when Simeon was newborn.....you were also in the playgroup for a while....happy b-day Simeon.

junglemama said...

Happy 10th birthday! That is a great age. :) I have three 10 year olds right now!