CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The funniest sleeper





Ava is down for a nap, and there are 100 things I should be doing right now, but she is so darn cute, I just had to blog about her and post these adorable pictures. She is the funniest little thing. I think she is getting spoiled. When I went to lay her in the crib for her nap a little bit ago, her bottom lip started trembling and a tear started rolling down her cheek!! How could I resist that? So we played and snuggled in the bed for a little bit, then when I tried again, she smiled at me, put her little arms over her face, and went to sleep. Oh, how I love this little girl!


She had a dentist appointment this morning (not an EKG as John said on his blog...Dads don't know these details). The doctor had said a couple of weeks ago he said her mouth was "full of decay". Considering the feeding issues we have had, I wanted to make sure she wasn't in pain from the cavities while she ate. According to the dentist, however, Ava doesn't have a single cavity!!! He was shocked, considering she has been taking a bottle for four years. What she did have was tons of plaque and tartar build-up. He got out his handy dandy scraping tool, and began chipping away, little yellow and brown flakes flying here and there. :) Sorry if that grosses anyone out. Her teeth look as good as new now! (Well, except for the back ones, she wasn't very cooperative on those but he said he'll get them next time.)

She'll have a follow up dr. appointment tomorrow, then Thursday will be her echocardiogram, and her first physical therapy evaluation. It is a busy week. But she is really a trooper. Today I took her to Target, and she was so good! She rides in my sling carrier and loves it! While we were checking out I felt like the lady in front of me was pitying me for having a handicapped child. The funny thing was, I was pitying her for having a child who was throwing a temper tantrum. It's all how you look at it, I guess.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there...I am both excited, and surprised about the new baby. My goodness, God has lots up His sleeve for you, doesn't He? Even if you knew about the new baby before you went to Ukraine, I don't think it would have changed your mind about adding Ava to your family. She has blessed you all and you have blessed her so much. By the way, Happy Birthday, Simeon!! You're almost a teenager, aren't you? Looks like Aunt Sharon will have to come out more often to give mom and dad a break...with Oma and Opa of course. Love you all..Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Aww she is soo cute !! & I am REALLY excited that your pregnant !! WOOHOO !! Love you guys.
-Heather

Anonymous said...

Aww she is soo cute !! & I am REALLY excited that your pregnant !! WOOHOO !! Love you guys.
-Heather

WheresMyAngels said...

Laughing at DAD!! lol I almost posted on his blog asking if she was going to get an echo also at the appointment!

I'm just addicted to seeing little Ava, I told you she reminds me so much of my Mercede (back when she was sweet and little). Mercede slept in the oldest positions. Mercede also took a bottle for years and had no cavities. I had read once that kids with DS have stonger teeth but are more prone to gum disease. But my Cheyenne has a mouth full of cavities and always has :( so much for stronger teeth.

Oh My, I take it I didn't finish reading your blog, cause I am noticing that others are mentioning a baby in these comments! Opps, Back to reading!

Unknown said...

That's a classic statement. You probably could get $25 for it if you sent it to Readers Digest, about the lady behind you feeling pity for you for having to carry that child, and you having pity for her and the child that showed a temperament that was disgusting. I figured when you had Ava home, you'd run out of cute sayings and your blog would go bland. Not so! Yeah, get that yellow out of those teeth!

Chelley said...

That is one way to sleep!

Stephanie said...

She's is soo darn cute Charissa, the picture of her sleeping with her feet by her face cracks me up, she looks like she's some new improved "travel" child, you just fold her up and go! It's amazing that a human body can bend like that , makes my back hurt just looking at her!!

Anonymous said...

love the pictures. She is just way too cute! Glad that she had a good visit with a dentist. Thank God she did not have a mouth full of bottle rot teeth. You are a blessed family.

Rachel said...

Ava is so precious! Congratulations on the new baby, too! God is so good!

Unknown said...

I will never get tired of your humor. Remember the clothespin on Simeon's finger? I bet you did pity that woman! Great pictures going in my mind. Anyway, she looks SO sweet! My kids want to homeschool again, too. What are you planning to do about yours?

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! I just read the other comments and I, too, missed the news. Did I read right? You're pregnant? If that's right-CONGRATULATIONS!! I guess that answers my question about homeschooling-or maybe not!

Karen said...

You know what the cool thing about Ava is ?- you're going to see a lot of life differently now- because of Ava, you'll get to see it through Jesus' eyes!

Karen RR

Bethany said...

OMG those pictures are too precious for words! When you talked about how she wimpered when you put her in her crib, isn't it amazing that now you are there to comfort her when maybe she wouldn't have been in the orphanage. That is awesome. Love the Target story too ... let's just hope she was in awe of you and your willingness to be Ava's mommy. And if not, shame on her!!

junglemama said...

Your right! She is sooo cute! I love your attitude about the woman in Target! You go girl! Did you happen to read my Ukraine blog? Immigration emailed me saying they processed our application on Feb 15. We should get our 171h this week!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ava!
Love your blog, Charissa and Johnny. Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I know you don't have a lot of that anymore...time! God is so good, and you are so blessed! Congratulations on ALL of your babies. Love, Aunt Sharon