CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Daddy's girl


Well, since everyone seems to enjoy videos of Ava, I decided to post my favorite. Ava seems to enjoy being a part of our family. Today I heard Hope talking to her, saying, "You're not an orphan anymore. You have a family now." So precious. Just today when the kids got off the school bus and walked in the door, Ava started laughing and looking around for them. But truth be known, she does have a favorite. Her favorite is without a doubt....Daddy. You should see her little neck twist and turn to look for him when he comes home from work and she hears his voice. Saturday night we had family movie night, and while the rest of us watched MacGyver (remember that old show?), Ava sat on her daddy's lap and stared at his face, her little hand stroking and stroking his stubbly chin. It is so precious to think, that this little girl, who just over a month ago had most likely never been held by a man, now has a daddy who adores her as much as she adores him.

19 comments:

Terra said...

I love that one!! What day can Kylan and I come for a visit? I can't wait to meet her!

junglemama said...

He is such a good daddy! What a great video. Next year the comparison will probably be amazing.

amyl4 said...

That is precious! She is so sweet, you must be kissing on her all day long.:)
Amy

Anonymous said...

Only 3 more days until I get to meet sweet Ava !! && I am really really excited to see Simeon, Liesel, Jude, and Hope !!! I love you guys soo much and I can't wait to see you all !
-Heather

Anonymous said...

That was awesome...thanks for sharing it with us.

Tim Rovenstine said...

If a picture is worth a thousand words, I suppose a video is worth 10,000. Message conveyed, GOOD.

Christina said...

That is so awesome...She looks so happy and healthy.

Michelle said...

oh I love how her little hands move, almost as if they speak for her. And how she turns to him at the end, snuggling in for the kiss...he's a GOOD man Charissa, you are so blessed. Of course, so is he.

Shelley said...

This just prooves how smart she is....already wrapping a man around her little finger ;)

Dave said...

Love the videos! Keep 'em comin'!
Gina

Dalene said...

The look on her face when she looks at him... wow. Brings tears to my eyes.

4 princesses & then 1 prince said...

There is nothing more adorable in the world and nothing that can melt your heart more than to see a little girl wrapping her daddy around her finger. He's so good to her...you all are. And his kisses on her neck so sweet. I loved hearing her giggle.

Oh, and yes, my little brother is Jason (betheabunch.blogspot.com) who is adopting Sophiya. You are smart to be able to put us together.

Christy and Kevin said...

Ava looks so happy now. I am so happy for the entire family. God knew she was meant to be your daughter.

Christy

Tilly Cat & Pip-Squeak said...

I've loved all of her videos, but this one... Wow. She doesn't look like she is having fun so much as she looks just ECSTATIC with happiness at her daddy's attention. She just has a look of rapture on her little face. Made my eyes tear up. Thank you!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Just received your blog from a friend in Ukraine - their father-in-law lives in Omaha.
My husband and I are headed back to Izmail in a few days for our son.
Great blog.
Joni W.

Jeremy and Melanie said...

I love to see the sparkle and love in a little girl's eyes when she looks at her daddy! I'm sure he loves seeing it even more. Glad you had your video camera to capture such a precious moment!
Melanie

WheresMyAngels said...

I want to see longer footage!! lol She is so adorable and you can tel she is so happy to be with you all. I can't wait to see all she can do a month from now.

Stephanie said...

I need my daily Ava "fix".... you havent posted anything today (wednesday) yet!!!!!

Melissa said...

I can see that God answered your prayers for Ava in a BIG WAY! The videos are precious. Congratulations! Times two!