Two weeks ago today a little girl in an orphanage in Artemovsk, Ukraine had nothing to her name except a file at the SDA with this picture in it. Today she has her own coat, a toothbrush, two outfits, a hat, a pair of slippers, a blanket, two brothers, two sisters, a mom and a dad, grandparents, a bed, a dog, a house, aunts, uncles, cousins, a passport, a family....a HOME....and NOW a Visa to start her new life in America....

.....TOMORROW!!
We'd like to thank so many of you who followed our adoption story. We have felt like you all have been with us and have looked forward to the emails we have received in our inbox. We have felt your prayers, your love and support. The question that I had asked myself 7 months ago: "Will this child be loved and accepted by our friends and family?" has now been answered! We are so blessed. We know Ava will be a blessing to our family, and I believe she has touched lives already whether you have met her or not.

22 comments:
WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! The girls and I have been reading the blog since Marlita said you had left to get Ava. You have constantly been in our thoughts and prayers. I was lighting candles for you on Thursday, praying that the judge would see the need for Ava to be with her new family as soon as possible. I was in tears on Friday, as Marlita said the judge had waived the 10 days. Ava is beautiful and so blessed to be coming to a place where so many people wait to love her. Thank you for allowing us to see your journey. The girls can hardly wait to meet her. We hope you have a safe journey home.
Love,
Kellie, Haleigh and Averee Bassett
Congratulations on completing the last leg of the journey! We wish for a safe travel home. God bless your family and your kind hearts!
Dear John and Charissa,
We made it home Saturday at 6:00 am. We have been taking care of kids and trying to sleep. One of my good friends that has been reading your blog and praying for you called and told me you were on your way home with Ava. I wanted to scream, "Praise the LORD". Right now I'm in tears of joy for you both and your family. When we parted ways at O'hare, I had a strong feeling that God would not make you return to Ukraine a second time. I am so happy for you that you stay was shorter than expected too. God is faithful!!! I can't wait to see how God uses Ava to bless you all. He has a very special plan for Ava's life, that is for sure!! I wish so badly that we lived closer. Please email me when you get home or call me. I can't wait to talk to you. My email is jsickafoose@kconline.com and phone is 260-723-5159. I know you will be exhausted when you get home so don't hurry.
Love,
Sherri S.
Yay!! :) Have a great flight!
Congratulations to you and your little girl!! I have so enjoyed following your story. I am amazed at the difference I see in Ava already...I can only imagine what a week and month and a year will do in the life of this little girl. She will far exceed everyone's wildest imagination...how awesome. Your huge step of faith in this adoption journey is a beautiful analogy of the love that God has for his children. Your faith and willingness to put action in your thoughts (dreams or hopes) challenges me as "iron sharpens iron" as I wait for my appointment date. Thank you for your honesty and sharing your journey. May God Bless you and your family.
Stefanie
hola perdon que escribo en español pero no se hacerlo de otra manera mando bendiciones a su vida y ala vida de esta pequeña que ahora tiene lo que mrece gracias por ser ejemplo ami vida me llamo israel vargas bendiciones y felicidadez
ava es bonita muy hermoza niña ojala un dia venga a valle de bravo queremos conocerla en persona israel vargas felicidadez
Holy cow! This has been a whirlwind experience! I can't believe you're finished and will be home tomorrow night! God has been so generous. Can you put in a good word for us? :) Congratulations!!!
Gina
You have been blessed beyond words with the addition of Ava to your family! Life is going to be a little extra sweeter!!:) Congratulations!!
Amy
Congratulations! Ava is so precious! I will be praying for you as you travel back.
WooHoo!!! I hope you continue to update this blog because I love following your story and it brings such joy to my heart reading it.!
Have a very safe trip home!
Many prayers!
Congratulations I cannot wait to see the photos of you all back together has one big HAPPY and very blessed family!!!
What a wonderful post. :) She is loved!
That is so awesome! I can't wait to see pictures of your kids meeting your little girl for the first time! God Bless you and your family on this amazing journey!
Can't wait to meet her soon...
Hallelujah!!!!! It may be finished but the rest of your life together is just beginning! I can't tell you how happy we are and how much fun this has been following it with you. We are looking forward so much to seeing your 5 kids together at last.
What a sweet, sweet baby! Oh how blessed you are!
Dolores.
Amazing, what a wonderful God we serve. We look forward to spending time with you and the family when you get back. You inspire all of us to do what the Lord called us to do in our own unique way.
Absolutely wonderful.
Joy
This is all so amazing. I have not seen so many obvious answers to prayer for such a long time. Your whole story is so inspiring! You are now being fitted for even more blessings when you get Ava home. I can't wait to see your homecoming photos with all the family together. How good God is! You will never be forgotten at the orphanage, that's for sure! Your story is profound, and thank you for sharing it all with us. Love, Aunt Sharon
I just found your blog today through another's. My husband and I just returned a little over a month ago from adopting a little 3 year old in Ukraine.
I love your story and am so happy for you and your family! Congrats.
Ken and Joy Rae
www.kjrae.blogspot.com
http://downbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/02/alina-looks-west.html
Post a Comment