
You mean I have brothers and sisters now?
And cousins too?
I realized that in these photos she looks like she is sitting up, but she is far from it. She is propped up with pillows. Sitting will be the first thing we work on when we get home. Sitting, and spoon feeding.
All bundled up, ready to go to the market for groceries. We have a nice kitchen in our apartment (of course we can't figure out how to use the Ukrainian oven or Ukrianian washing machine-everything is written in russian!). By the way, my coat has just enough room for the both of us. I can zip it up right to her neck, and then button the top right in front of her chin so she is nice and warm.
Daddy has high hopes of teaching her to program in Java!
Well, this little girl is really going to be a blessing in our family. Talk about a content little thing! She eats great, sleeps great, is happy being held, happy laying alone, happy outside in the cold, happy being bundled up in layers, loves taking a bath. She does not like having her teeth brushed however, or getting her ears cleaned out. She doesn't really cry, she just swats your hand away and grins. So we've learned she really does have some motor strength, she just chooses not to use it until necessary. :)
Someone asked regarding my last post, how did I finally get her to sleep? Well she has her own unique Urban preference. She likes to be wrapped up and just held because "rocking" or "bouncing" is too ticklish! :) She goes right to sleep. On the one hand, I know I am probably starting a really bad habit, after all children need to learn to go to sleep by themselves, right? But she has been going to sleep all by herself for almost 4 years and has had nobody to snuggle with. So for now I will cuddle her. We have been letting her sleep between us. She sleeps so quietly we have to keep checking to make sure she is still breathing!
Today we hope to finish the rest of the adoption process: a medical exam required by the U.S. Embassy (they want to make sure we realize she has Down Syndrome I guess!), and her visa to travel. Then we will be ready to come home, hopefully Tuesday. We got to talk to the kids last night, they went on and on about the train ride that Opa took them on to Ft. Worth Texas. My dad says they all want to wear western wear now! (See their photos by clicking on the right column, "What the rest of the family is doing"). When we arrive at the airport I can't wait to hug and hold them, but I have a feeling they'll be going for Ava first!
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You
Posted by The Urbans at 10:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Just wanted you to know I've been reading everything on your blog and have followed every step of your journey! I can't tell you how excited I am that you'll be bringing Ava home so soon! I'd love to see her and will be happy to help you guys with anything I can...and I speak for the rest of the staff, too!
Praying for a speedy & safe trip home!
~Miss Kate (hoping to be Ava's future teacher!!)
The Little Light House
You had me in tears when you wrote about nobody to put her to sleep(: It's so incredibly sad to think how many millions don't have anybody to love them and let them know how special they are. Anyway, we sure miss you guys and think she is so precious. She is blessed and changed forever by what you have done for her already. Take care and God bless.
Love, Tina and Frikkie
PS. Mattie typed something the other day and it disappeared before it was published. Both Joshua and Matthew can't wait to meet her:)
Oh My Goodness, your little Ava ia just precious! Feels like heaven holding her doesn't it? Again I am so happy for you!! Can't wait to see pics of you all when you are reunited with the rest of your family!!
Amy
We had some spring house cleaning going on, with kids getting the Urban house ready for little Ava. It gives us a cause to WORK TOGETHER..and not just play. After we worked..it made resting, watching the Super Bowl more fun. This has been a saga that equals the great trail rides of the past.
God is watching over you. YES mom you keep right on cuddling her all you want. She deserves it all. She is such a beatuiful princess and fits right into the family. Have a safe journey home. DOn't squeeze the children too hard...LOL!
Charissa!!! I miss you. Not sure if you have been getting any of my e-mails so thought I would post a comment. We have been keeping up with your and John's blog. I wanted to let you know that the Urban family was in the church bulletin yesterday announcing your adoption of Ava and to pray for you all. (I saved a copy for you.) They also lifted you guys up in prayer in the main service. I couldn't help but cry. We are sure looking forward to your return and can't wait to meet Ava. Well take care and hopefully we'll see you very, very soon.
Marcie and family
So very happy for you guys. I pray that all goes well with your flight home. I say just hug that little jewel to your heart's content and have fun hugging all those other little Urban's too.
Joy
Ava sounds like sycha sweet little girl. Her story has already touched my heart. I would love to see a picture of you bundled up together in your coat.
My heart is filled with happiness for all of you.
we are praying you get hoem quickly and safely.
I love the pics of her looking at the photos...too cute! The sling is such a great idea...great bonding for you guys! Can't wait to hear the journey once you get home. :)
Post a Comment