This little brown-eyed beauty with a pretzel mustache turned 8 yesterday. Her daddy took flowers and cupcakes up to school and ate lunch with her. And her birthday dinner of choice? Sushi. I found myself wondering how many 8 yr. olds choose sushi for their birthday dinner. She enjoyed telling the waitress last night that she was the first in her family to celebrate her "golden birthday" (If you don't know what a golden birthday is, it's the birthday that you turn the same number as the date you were born...8 years old on April 8. My cousin taught me that, but I get the feeling she made it up). We'll have a party this weekend.
I'll never forget that night 8 years ago that my sweet little baby girl was born at home. Her grandpa called her his little mermaid since she was born in the water. That was a beautiful night and we've had so many great moments with this little girl. I know there are many more to come.
11 comments:
I love kids birthdays, but somehow I always feel sad. I cry everytime my kiddos get one year older. Mixed in with all of the excitement there is a degree of nostaglia. I wonder if anyone can relate?
Happy Birthday! She is a treasure. Hope you are feeling better.
Happy Birthday! My daughter was aldo born on April 8th. She happened to be born on Good Friday, but it has never happened that way again. I love your family and the way you let us share in thier lives. Thank you, for allowing us to meet Ava watch her grown and in the process meet the rest of your lovely family. God Bless, Cheryl
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!
Happy birthday, Brown-Eyed Beauty. Oh, and Charissa, your cousin didn't make up the golden birthday thing; or if she did, it has already spread to Omaha.
Gina
Jeremy kept reminding me her b/day was coming up. He's the most scheduled person I know...marks the days off the calendar, always knows the time. He learns to drive this summer. Which I tell you b/c it won't be long and so will Liesel! I remember that wonderful night like no other! Since I was there. What a priviledge and to think...we just happened to show up! That was a divine appointment. Give her big hugs from all of us! I loved the picture of her fishing! What a girl. I hated fishing and my dad made me go. One time i fell asleep and my dad was not too happy since we couldn't find the fishing pole...ha ha ha...tell her that story! love ya all!
Aww...she is such a sweet girl, Charissa! Happy birthday to her! My golden birthday....I turned 13 on Friday the 13th! Ouch! And last month, when I had my birthday, the realization hit me that next year I will turn the big 40, next year on Friday the 13th! Hope it is not a sign...LOL!
Christina
RR group
She is a cutie. Hope she had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday, Liesel!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!
Love,
The Baxter's :o)
Sing her "Happy Birthday" off-key 'stine style for me!
Happy Birthday Liesel!!!
Amy
Post a Comment