Before.....
Ava had eye surgery this morning and she is not too happy about it. The doctor said it wouldn't be painful, only 'itchy'. I thought he meant itchy like 'I'm so tired my eyes are itchy' or 'there is smog in the air so my eyes are itchy'. Apparently it's more like 'There is a gnat in my eye and I can't get it out' kind of itchy. Evidently she has a much higher tolerance to pain than she does to "itchiness". :(
I was not prepared for the "Frankenstein eyes" as my friend Lisa described them. This is the only "after" photo I have so far. She hasn't kept her eyes open long enough to let me snap a close up. Here I am attempting to make Borsch for dinner. I think I have forever ruined my appetite for Ukrainian food, not only for myself but for my whole family as well. Who knew that Borsch was nothing more than beets, broth, vinegar, and some spices?! I hope I haven't ruined yours as well. Reminds me of the time I discovered that icing was made out of Crisco shortening. I have picked the icing off the cake ever since. Which reminds me....I have a birthday cake to bake.

I was not prepared for the "Frankenstein eyes" as my friend Lisa described them. This is the only "after" photo I have so far. She hasn't kept her eyes open long enough to let me snap a close up. Here I am attempting to make Borsch for dinner. I think I have forever ruined my appetite for Ukrainian food, not only for myself but for my whole family as well. Who knew that Borsch was nothing more than beets, broth, vinegar, and some spices?! I hope I haven't ruined yours as well. Reminds me of the time I discovered that icing was made out of Crisco shortening. I have picked the icing off the cake ever since. Which reminds me....I have a birthday cake to bake.
8 comments:
Bless her heart, two surgeries already! She has to be wondering what in the world is going on. The difference in their eyes is amazing, I remember meghan's being straight for the first time in years. It looks awful, but does not seem to bother them all that much.
Prayers for a quick recovery for Ava.
Aww baby girl, her eyes look pitiful. I bet she will feel better after sleeping tonight, that is how it usually goes. Keep us posted!
Ava looks so sweet with her "baby", bless her little heart!
Amy
Praying for a quick recovery! She's such a little lovey :o) We'll be thinking of her!
Michelle
Wow, I had forgotten she was going to have that. Poor thing, I would hate having my eye's itch!
And When reading back on Kelly's blog about Ukrainian food, I almost started gagging!! lol Sounds horrid. lol
Oh and for along time I couldn't eat the icing on the cakes either thinking about the lard, but then I got over it!! lol Probably why I weight alot more than you!! ha ha
Awww...poor thing. I hope she heals up quickly. She's still darn cute. And can I say that seeing her cling on to that doll is such a wonderful sight to see!! I hope Hope isn't too lost without her baby doll....looks like it's going to belong to Ava now.
Oh, and borscht...I LOVE it!! My background is Ukranian, hence he weird looking name, and my mom and grandma used to always make it (as well as many other Ukraninan things) I've seen lots of different types of recipes for it but I tend to stick to the really basic one my mom and g-ma used to make. OH yeah, and I have to eat it hot, like any soup, not cold...ICK!!
I love that she had her doll in those pictures. I guess she has really latched on to that thing. I hope she feels better soon.
Glad to see some pics with you in them Charissa. You are both beautiful! Love ya!
Post a Comment