Today school was out because of flooding, and I had to take all 5 kids to therapy. Not so fun. Hope had brought a little baby doll with us and offered it to Ava's OT Rachel, saying, "Ava can play with this if she wants." Well, I thought the last thing she would want to play with was a baby doll. After all, isn't she supposed to be stimulated with lights and sounds and buttons and spinning things? But just to appease Hope we offered the baby doll. Wouldn't you know...She LOVED the baby doll. She started rubbing its head, licking its face (kissing it?), holding it to her chest. She was even making sounds that I rarely hear, "Mmmmm, Bbbbbb". She was so excited about this little doll! So Rachel used it for a motivator for rolling over, reaching, and even "fed" the doll pudding and let Ava lick the pudding off. It was Oh-so-cute. Of course I forgot my camera, again, but Rachel let me use hers so hopefully I'll have some to post soon. Meanwhile, here we are at home later playing with the same little doll. She is sleeping with it now as I type up this post.
A friend listened to me describe a mat that I was looking for for Ava to lay on. Something textured, easy to clean, colorful, something like an alphabet puzzle I said. A week or so later, look what showed up on my front porch. :) (Thanks Cherish if you are reading this). One of the letters is missing, can you tell which it is? I'm sure it will turn up, but it reminded me of the joke about the little boy who had to use the bathroom but his teacher made him recite the alphabet first. When he skipped the "P", she asked, "Johnny, where is your P?" And Johnny said, "Running down my leg". I think my dad told me that joke.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Ava's new favorite toy
Posted by liesel at 10:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I just love reading about Ava. Thanks for posting very regularly.
Wow, what a beautiful family! You'll be in our families prayers as you walk this journey....
Omgosh, that is sooooooo cute! lol at the joke!
Wow!! Ava is doing great. Praying for her and your family daily.
Michelle the dietitian
Awwww :o) She is doing sooooo great! I remember those Little Johnny jokes too...somehow, they always seemed to get told at the dinner table by my onery little brothers - lol :o)
i love reading about ava too (and the rest of your family). she looks so beautiful playing with her dolly!
rachel
How sweet she is! She loves the "baby".
Dolores.
I wish we could hear her thoughts!!! Love ya!
I think I got it. Thanks for the commenting tip.
She truly blossoms every time you post a new picture of her. You may not see it because you are with her 24/7, but she has definitely changed dramatically since even the last time.
Looks like she is supporting herself on an elbow. I didn't remember her doing this. It is quite unusual to see the post of her banging on toys, and shoving them around. I didn't remember her doing this either. She is making great strides. I'm sure before long she will be up and walking. Then the REAL fun will begin.
Hi Charissa,
since you mentioned your dad telling that joke I figured now would be a good time to "de-lurk" and let you know I've been following your story (and catching up with the last few busy years) since your parents latest newsletter (we've kept in touch) when they talked about your journey. I'm so honored to know you (even 20 odd years ago) and blessed by the life you've led. It just brings me joy to read your story. I'm so grateful ya'll are sharing it!
-Robin
Post a Comment