CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ava...a spiritual analogy

My good friend Jennifer sent me an email yesterday and it touched my heart. I wanted to post a portion of it here.


"I wanted to tell you how much I love that video you put together a couple days ago. As I watched it, though, and thrilled over it like everyone else did I realized something that I just can't stop thinking about. Ava's whole story is a perfect picture of what Jesus did for me. He saw me and knew I was destined for certain death. He loved me long before I knew He even existed - I did nothing to deserve that! He sacrificed a great price to save me. He rescued me from the poor place I was in (and it was going to get worse) and brought me to a wonderful place with a great family full of incredible brothers and sisters in Christ. And He has faithfully grown me in ways I many times don't even realize. Sometimes my "therapy" is painful and sometimes its so much fun! I only hope that I give Him the joy in the process that Ava is giving all of us."

Isn't that a beautiful analogy and so beautifully written? Thanks my dear friend! I see myself in Ava's story as well. My love for her has helped me to understand His love for me as well. There is so much to rejoice about.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell your friend Jennifer that her words also touched my heart. The circle goes around, when you said you couldn't change the World, but you could change Ava's world, how much she has changed our world...

Kasey said...

I mentioned it to John, but I used your video on Wednesday night for our small group. We were discussing intimacy with God and I used the video to show what God's love might look like in our world today. You guys give the perfect example. We were doomed, but a heavy price was paid to save us. Through lots of investment and work we have had our vision restored and we are growing in so many ways, learning what life in Christ is. I agree with your friend, the analogy could not be more accurate.

Meredith said...

I love it ;) I've heard that as well-- and one more part. God gave us a "new name" as did you for Ava... Blessings :)

Meredith