CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Frankenstein Eyes


Here are those beautiful eyes I told you about. Jude is a little disappointed that we got Ava's eyes corrected. He thought it was really cool that she could move her eyes in two different directions. He told me the other day, "Mom, sometimes I wish I had Down Syndrome because they can do way cooler things than we can" (i.e. the splits).

By the way, she is much happier after a good night's rest (You were right, Bethany). She is totally back to her normal happy self.

11 comments:

Dalene said...

Okay...Jude is hilarious. Ava is simply beautiful! I can't believe all that you have gotten accomplished since she came home!

mom2four said...

wow!! Bless her heart for all she's enduring, but boy is she making HUGE progress and seems to be loving most of it all the way!!

Cammie Heflin said...

She looks fabulous!

Michelle said...

Yay Ava!!! Jude is too funny :o)

Anonymous said...

Meghan's doc said it looked worse than it was, but the red looks so painful! Her eyes are even more beautiful than they were, bless her heart!

WheresMyAngels said...

Jude is too funny! My husband lived with a minister and his family during his early teen years. They had adopted a child with DS. My husband still talks about how cool it was that this child could put himself in the shape of a pretzel!! lol So I have to agree with Jude.

Shelley said...

I wish I could stretch my legs out in front of me in a sitting position and then lay my head over and rest it perfectly on the ground. That's the Xander move that I always say I wish I could do! That and sit in the car with my feet behind my ears....lol.

BTW, Ava has beautiful eyes!

Anonymous said...

she is simply beautiful

Unknown said...

Yep, Yep, Hurray! Funny how your love extravagantly showed upon Ava has added value to her beauty. That picture of her eyes, I see peach fuzz between her eyes. Talked to the Aunt Marlita and found out Ava is getting some resistance in her ability to make choices as to who she wants to go to. Isn´t that cute? She sure did come to life, I would NEVER have imagined this. The story still unfolds and we bless you from Mexico.

Bethany said...

Love her! So glad to hear she was much better after sleeping. She looks great! :)

mom2four said...

I sent you an email about getting together :)