I had more than enough help decorating the birthday cake...not to mention helpers to clean the icing off the beaters. :)
I thought I was so clever having the girls decorate their own goody bags. I forgot to read the directions of the bubble paint that says it takes 48 hours to dry! I would have had to keep everyone for 2 days for my brilliant plan to work. Another one of those, "should have thought that through" moments....

We had a great time, and to top it off had a cousin spend the night. Remember my griping about the cost of American girl dolls when we went to Dallas? Well look what one of my faithful blog friends and her daughters sent! Liesel was so excited about everything she got, but this morning she told me that Alyssa was her favorite gift of all! Thank you to the special friends who sent her!
11 comments:
You amaze me! Do you think you could teach me to be a mom like you?!?
Melanie
Wow, wow, wow! That is the prettiest cake ever! What are the pink polka dots made out of?
Happy Birthday Liesel, I can tell you had a good one!!
This is a beautiful cake! You did a great job! Sounds like Liesel's birthday was awesome!
Happy Birthday Liesel!! Charissa, she looks exactly like you!!!! I never really noticed it but that first picture of her decorating the cake, she has the exact same facial expression that you had in a recent picture.
The polka dots are pink candy wafers that you melt for making candy. What? You don't think I can make perfect icing circles Gayla?
Well how cute is that cake?! Making mental note! :) Happy birthday Liesel!
Great job girls...love the cake! Happy Birthday Liesel!
No! I sure don't!! lol I thought that is what they were but wasn't sure!
I'm laughing over that comment you left on my blog, I am going to have to remember that!! lol
I'm told Aysha to tell her grandma (my dh's mom)that her daddy doesn't like her coming over cause he is afraid she is going to get lice and worms!! ha ha Horrid of me to say that cause his mom will believe it. Cause my dh is super particular(ok, he is SUPER overprotective) about whom Aysha can stay with. So far he only trust my parents with her!! lol
awesome cake...and I love the pic of the cousins together...such incredibly special times!
You're an inspiration and example to keep in mind when people tell me "Oh, you're going to have your hands full. You'll be so busy!" Ava looks great!
Liesel, hope your birthday was the best! Your mommy sure made you a beautiful cake!! Why didn't I ask for some pointer when you guys were here....
Love you all! jill
Post a Comment