I never remember playing these kinds of games when I was a little girl. I have started taking pictures of her "creations". I wish I had thought to take pictures of all the hundreds of other projects that have ended up in the trash while she wasn't looking (Don't tell).
Here is a backpack for Alyssa made out of construction paper. Inside the backpack are construction paper "books", one titled "Science", one "Math", and one "Reading". Is that cute or what? I wish I had had someone like Liesel to play with when I was little!

A baby carrier made out of my scarf. Somehow she attached a teddy bear to Alyssa, I'm not sure how she did that.

A homemade trash receptacle, made out a jar, a Sonic cup and lid, and some tape to hold it all together. She keeps this in her room to hold her trash.

We bought her a goldfish when she was 4, it died the next day. We never replaced it. Here is Liesel's replacement. A pet fish that can't die. In a gold fish bowl that can't break (otherwise known as a Glad plastic container).

And what in the heck is that to the left? A latex glove filled with pond water??!!! Don't ask. And to the right? A jar containing grass and a moth. She shines a flashlight into the jar at night so the moth will feel like it is right at home by the street lamp.
8 comments:
Ok, I know you know this, but this child of yours is extremely bright! She doesn't seem "sciencey", she just an inventor! I would look around to see if there is something like a Young Inventors program to get her into!
make sure she cleans up her mess after her projects. Opa
The fish in the bowl was too funny!
Too funny. It is amazing what little ones will come up with. My kiddos are always coming up with interesting creations as well. It makes me smile, some have ended up in the trash too. We can't keep everything.
Charissa, I can't wait till next week. Your stories and pictures are so inspiring and as I sat and read some of your blogs to the kids today (they LOVE the videos btw) it was all I could do not to bawl, some of the parts were so hard to read holding back tears. You all are so blessed and are being such a blessing!!!
Very creative. She also has an eye to see potential in everything. I love that. I wish I had a friend like her to play with when I was younger too.... Couldn't you just imagine the fun!
Wendy
She is a great kiddo, Charissa! I love the wrap that she made to hold Alyssa! Too fun! Have a fun weekend!
O so creative just like her mama! She's going to be a wonderful mother some day...just like her own! love to all!
Post a Comment