CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 06, 2008

It was a beautiful day on Sunday so we decided to spend it fishing at the lake.

Note to self: Get a babysitter for Hope next time we go fishing. She was far more preoccupied with freeing the captive"meadows" (minnows) than she was concerned whether any of us would catch any fish.


Does Ava love fishing or does she love riding on her daddy's back and patting his neck?

I caught Hope again....sneaking some of the "meadows" out and dropping them in the lake.

The only one who caught a fish was the one who didn't care....ME! Of course nobody grabbed the camera to snap my photo with the tiny little perch at the end of my pole.
A few of us got tired of fishing and went over to play on the "beach" (Oklahoma style...a couple of truckloads of sand dumped by the lakeshore)....
Ava's tiny little feet touching sand for the first time. Aren't her little toes cute?
Nobody heeded my instructions of "only get in to the knees" (Didn't think to pack swimsuits). Notice the water line at upper chest level?


Awwww....Isn't she cute? She surprised me, she really loved the feel of sand on her feet and even on her hands! That brush therapy must be doing wonders (Thanks Rachel!)
You haven't lived until you've had sand in your eyes, right? What a cute sight, a little Ukrainian orphan girl that was just bundled up in layers and layers two months ago, now barefoot on the 'beach'.
Everyone is wet, sandy, and extremely silly for our trip back home.

And...staying true to Urban family tradition, we stopped by Long John Silver's for a bite to eat on our way home from yet another unsuccessful fishing endeavor.

17 comments:

Dalene said...

Charissa...every child is amazingly beautiful. Nothing like a good ole' fashioned family day!

Anonymous said...

Charissa, it is so good to 'see' you and John and Ava again. And to see pictures of all your other kids as well. When I think of your family the word 'gentle' comes to mind. So precious. I am still praying for you in the loss of Baby John. It's so hard, I know.
Joy

Christina said...

I just love that picture of Ava sitting in the sand...Her hair seems to be growing longer. Glad that brushing therapy is working! Your other children are very cute as well and quite the charactors. My Brittany would have been letting the minnows go as well LOL

Me said...

That pic of Ava sitting in the sand is beautiful! Her eyes are sparkling and she just looks sooooooo content and peaceful. And the smile she has while riding on daddy's back is priceless!

Dave said...

Can I come live with you? You guys have way to much fun.
Gina

Michelle said...

omg...in tears here. She is just STRIKINGLY beautiful. They all are, but omg C, is it possible this is that same "mangy puppy" little orphan girl? She sparkles, she shines, LOOK at her!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how Ava has come alive! Sitting in the sand, meat on her bones, beautiful smile, oh my goodness! I know its hard to see sometimes when you are the one doing the day to day, but she has come amazingly far. And she does have adorable toes :)

WheresMyAngels said...

I stared at the toe pic forever cause it doesn't look like she has a Sandal gap (just one of the markers for DS, that most people with DS have but not all, and of course , people without DS have them too). I'm a dork, I know. That is too funny with Hope, and how cute!

junglemama said...

How silly! I can't believe how well Ava was sitting in the sand for the picture. You must be so proud of her!

Michelle said...

by the way...it snowed here Saturday. :P

M'elle said...

Hi! (I stumbled across your blog about the time when you brought Ava home - yup, I'm a lurker...). I just had to say that she looks remarkably different from then... She was beautiful then, but she is so alive now - just like JKI and Michelle said... WOW!

mom2four said...

Awww, adorable pics of all the kids, but boy I just can't get over how differnt Ava looks since you brought her home!! She just shines with the love and "energy" she's recieving from you all!!

mom2four said...

awwww, they are all adorable!! I just can't get over how much she's changed since you all got her. The "energy" and love she's recieving from you all seems to be making AMAZING impact on her!!

Anonymous said...

That looked like so much fun. We will have to invest in some fishing poles and a pail of "meadows". I can't believe that Ava was sitting the sand. She has changed so much.

4 princesses & then 1 prince said...

I love that your family enjoys being together. Maybe I'll try to get all my girls and little guy out fishing before our AZ weather gets too hot. My husband would love it! Yay for Ava!

Deb D. said...

Beautiful family; beautiful children; beautiful story. I always love "visiting" your family.

I have an extra element that makes me feel "attached" to you all in that I lived in Tulsa about 13 years ago, and worked right close to Broken Arrow. So I am a little familiar with your area and the rich Christian heritage there. I also had some precious dear friends from Ukraine whom I tutored in English but had to leave behind in my hometown when I moved to Tulsa.

Your family's example of living life well is moving. May God continue to cover you all with His grace, His joy, His healing, and His richest blessings. As He said, "I have come that you might have life and have it abundantly", I pray that abundance chases you all for all the days of your lives.

Bethany said...

Your family is so beautiful and you are so blessed to have Ava. Sounds like such a fun day!