We have been working, per Occupational Therapy, towards getting Ava to communicate her wants. The easiest way to do this, I suppose, is in the swing (I hope you're not getting too tired of the swinging videos, but it is her favorite place to be besides my sling carrier). Rachel (OT) taught her how to use her hands to sign "go". We had to model it several times, and do it for her several times. Eventually she figured it out, and she has been signing "go" for a little over a week now. Watch:
Today however, she decided she didn't want to sign go anymore, at least not the way we think it should look. Instead she made up her own sign for "I'm ready to swing now, can you please push me?" Watch this:
Have I mentioned how much I love this girl? She is amazing me every day.
9 comments:
Way to go AVA!!!
Oma says she and Opa need to learn these signs so we can communicate with Ava. We are excited with each daily improvement
That is too cute! It is so amzing how much she can do. The girls used to make up their own sings all the time. My favorite was when they made up their own sign to call their brother a poo poo head!! lol
She is growing by leaps and bounds! We are so proud of her :o)
That is just so cool!
go baby girl, GOOOOOOOOOO
I love you guys !!!
-Heather
She is awesome. Have I mentioned I love her? LOL
Yeah for Ava!!!
Karen S. RR
Post a Comment