CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

My friend Michelle wrote this poem for Ava, and I meant to include it in my last post. I need to frame it, I love it. I love how she thinks, how she writes. She is a wonderful advocate for her daughter who is so beautiful and smart, and happens to have Down Syndrome. Michelle has been a tremendous resource for me and other parents as well. Here is the poem.

Child of my heart
not of my blood
I created our bond
when I fell in love

You lay there alone
wasting away
waiting for someone
to come your way.

Locked inside yourself
no one to hold
Secrets inside you
waiting to be told

Our love can unlock them
starting tonight
we didnt give you birth
but we did give you life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful and so true. What a blessing. Thanks for sharing.

WheresMyAngels said...

Chelle is a great writer. This year I lost an older woman I was caring for with DS. I called Chelle and she wrote a beautiful obituary that we placed in the paper. People where I work at and that knew the lady, said it was the best one they had ever read. I knew Chelle would come thru for me. She is very talented, although for the life of me, I cant' figure out why she doesn't have a book out yet!

Ava sure is an inspiration isn't she and so is your family!

Anonymous said...

what beautiful and such true words!
Thanks for sharing,
A regular from Indiana,
Amy

Michelle said...

awww, thanks C (and G) that means a lot to me.