CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

I have a problem...

I have a problem....and it's called the GoodWill. It is located about 1/2 mile up the road from me. Try as I might, I have never been able to ignore the big red  SALE sign that pops up  in the window from time to time. On my way to return a movie to Blockbuster this morning, I made an impulsive GoodWill stop, with two little girls. I like to pop in as the weather is changing and as my kids are growing (ie, every week) to see what has appeared on the racks from last week. I was very pleased to find several "skorts" for Hope, since she is going through a phase of wanting to wear dresses, EVERY DAY, but not being too concerned about the meaning of sitting lady-like. Found some cute things for Ava too, and a tiny little pair of shoes that fit her just right. Some shorts for the boys, and a dress for Liesel. Then I remembered my ongoing jeans dilemma, never having a pair that fits right. I should know better than to try on clothes with toddlers or preschoolers in tow, I've had one squeeze under the door and dash off when I wasn't quite prepared to run after him. Fortunately I had two very GOOD little girls today and had no incidents like that.


But the point of this post was not to confess my addiction to the GoodWill, or to complain about naughty toddlers or jeans that don't fit, but rather to tell you this: When I got into the dressing room I realized there was nowhere "clean" to lay Ava, and the dressing room was to big to bring the cart in. So I sat her down on the linoleum, and layered jeans all around her just in case she toppled over. And would you believe she sat up so straight and strong, looking at herself in the mirror, long enough for me to try on 7 pairs of jeans!!! She never fell over! I don't know how long it takes the average person to try on 7 pairs of jeans, but whatever that number is, that is how long she can sit up now. What a girl! I am so proud of her. (And judging by the way she smiled at herself in the mirror I think she is pretty proud of herself too).

5 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Way to go Ava!!

I don't know how you find anything at GoodWill, I have only been once and it was so hard to find things. Except I bought this beautiful fancy dress for Mercede for 2 dollars. It looked like a prom dress, I wondered where she would ever wear it. Well she got to wear it at Camp for her big dance night. Thank Goodness she doesn't grow, cause we have had that dress 3 years now and off it will go to Camp this June again!! lol

One of the individuals I take care of whom lives upstairs, likes to shop at Good Will and always comes back with these beautiful tiny skirts. She is almost 70 and doesn't wear short skirts, but likes to buy them!! lol She has over 40 of them now. I think she collects them cause they are so pretty and they are.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!
Way to go Ava. I have never been to Good will, but I know people who just love it. Maybe I will have to go sometime, but then I might become addicted, as well.

Dalene said...

WOW to AVA!

Maybe this Goodwill addiction is genetic. Ha Ha...

Anonymous said...

I buy all my jeans at Goodwill, found name brands and almost new models. I have about 15 pairs of pants/jeans so I've quit. Have not bought full price jeans in eons. I stop by the goodwill store often as well, got a very nice china cabinet that warms my heart....Lisa A

Arizona mom to eight said...

I am the same way with Savers, another Goodwill-like store. I am thrilled to hear how long Ava sat up, I am just so proud of her, WTG big girl!! Thank God she is with her family and learning and growing.