CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

The boy who captured my heart


When I first stumbled across Reece's Rainbow Ministry about a year ago, I fell head over heels in love with this little boy from Estonia. His name is Andres. He is 9 (I suppose he would be 10 by now), and he has been waiting for his forever family for a very long time. I have prayed for him and shed many tears over this sweet face. As much as I wanted to be his mother, I knew that we were not the right family for him. 


Well I am happy to report that Andres is finally going to have his dream of a family come true. He will soon be adopted by the Crawford family.  He will have a mom, a dad, and four brothers and sisters. Andres' story reminds me of a poem that I read recently. Here it is:

The Waiting Child
By Debbie Bodie

I saw you meet your child today
You kissed your baby joyfully
And as you walked away with him
I played pretend you'd chosen me.

I'm happy for the baby, yet
Inside I'm aching miserably
I want to plead as you go by,
"Does no-one want a child of three?"

I saw you meet your child today
In love with her before you met
And as I watched you take her out
I knew it wasn't my turn yet.

I recognize you from last year!
I knew I'd seen your face before!
But you came for a second babe.
Does no-one want a child of four?

I saw you meet your child today
But this time there was something new
A nurse came in and took MY hand
And then she gave my hand to you.

Can this be true? I'm almost six!
And there are infants here, you see?
But then you kissed me and I knew
The child you picked this time was me.

4 comments:

mom2four said...

Oh how wonderful, I so love reading your blog, but I have to be careful about WHEN I read it as so much of the time it brings such emotion and so many tears.

Anonymous said...

This is better news to read on the Internet than the stuff about Hillary and Obama

Christina said...

Charissa,

I am sure you can imagine how thrilled I am to hear the news about Andres family. I too have shed many tears for him, and have been on my knees in prayer every day. He will be 10 in September. My most earnest prayer is that he will be home with his new family to celebrate that birthday!

Christina
RR

Dalene said...

Oh, that poem....