CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 04, 2008

Ava finally figured out how to get herself from her tummy to sitting. This is so cute. I guess I should have expected she would do it the exact same way she got from a sitting to a laying position. We all just stare in awe at how she does this. What a talent this girl has. Never in a million years would I be able to do that! I love how proud she is of herself and even how it seems like she is saying "Yay" at the end. This is a perfect example of why she needs her hip helpers.

Another thing. Tonight we lit a couple of firecrackers in the back yard. The kids all had their sparklers and stuff while Ava and I watched. At one point there were some loud ones that scared her and she surprised me by reaching up to me!!! It's so rare that she does that, she usually reaches to her daddy. I was glad she picked me this time. :)

14 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

The therapist hated when Mercede did that.But it is too cool isn't it!

Anonymous said...

I see a cheerleading opportunity in her future.

Also, check out this blog. They have a daughter with 'hair issues' like Ava. She is older but just as adorable as Ava.

Jan

Anonymous said...

http://www.friedstyle.blogspot.com/

Okay. so it would have been nice if I had left the blog, huh?

Jan

Pan Cratius said...

seeing is believing, I´d say she has a lesson for some therapists who see her style as an alternative. Hurray.

Janell & Kenny said...

Kenny and I loved watching this!!! How awesome!!! Happy 4th!

Michelle said...

That's awesome! So cute!

Bethany said...

Go Ava! One milestone down, even though my legs hurt just watching. Addison does this too, so we have some work to do once she gets home!

Oh, and Payton is a total daddy's girl too ... I wonder what it is? :)

Delahne said...

Great job AVA!

Dolores said...

Perfect! What style! I love her!
Dolores

Anonymous said...

It's clear those stylin' pink sneakers are great motivators! Go, Ava!!

Susan in Kentucky
Three days until my cousins from Ukraine arrive!

Arizona mom to eight said...

Meghan learned to sit that way, until the therapist saw her and had a conniption fit, we had to spend months breaking her of the habit, and teaching her to push up from the side. Bad for the hips,causes instability, blah blah, I was so excited too. Ugh. Just a warning, her therapist will not be overjoyed with her new trick...BUT I am thrilled for her. :o)

Deb D. said...

I think she must be experiencing so much joy in her new life. She is hearing, seeing, tasting things she never knew existed. And she is able to "transport" herself. What a sense of accomplishment she celebrates. I am so happy for this little girl!

Janell & Kenny said...

Never get tired of watching this! Yeah Ava!!!

Christina said...

Thats awesome that she is sitting up by herself now! Albeight what looks very painfully!(I know it's not painful to them, I just think of myself and OUCH!) Is the alopecia getting worse? I remember a point where I thought Kallie would be completely bald but she bounced back and I am praying it's awhile before she has another bought with it.