Over the weekend there was a lot of excitement over a frog the kids found in the back yard. They had fun watching it swim in the kiddy pool and wanted to keep it for a pet. Remember our 24 hour pet rule? Well at one point Liesel came in the house and said, "Mom, that frog has Down syndrome!" I was bracing myself for what she might say next. I was afraid maybe she was going to make a comment about how "dumb" it was, or even use the dreaded word "retarded" which is far too commonly and flippantly used, and can be so hurtful to hear sometimes. I asked her what makes her think the frog had Down syndrome. She said, "Because it has the stretchiest legs just like Ava!" (Aw, I loved it!)
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awwww, TOO CUTE!!!
Amy
Ha Ha! What a sweetheart!
How very precious Charissa!
That's adorable. That poor frog - when we were there they were throwing it around and at the walls and stuff until John went to go set it free!
test
test
Post a Comment