This has happened twice recently. Someone comes up to me, greets me by name, asks me about my family and how we have been. And for the life of me I don't know who they are. They looked vaguely familiar, I knew I knew them from somewhere. Yesterday I misplaced the spoon that I was using to feed Ava. One second I had it, the next it was gone. I found it in the pantry later in the afternoon. What is wrong with me?
I think I've diagnosed myself..... CLICK HERE to read this USA Today article on 'mom-nesia'. Do you have it too?
Monday, July 14, 2008
'Mom-nesia'?
Posted by liesel at 4:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I've finally been diagnosed!!! Thank you so much!
This morning I asked my husband 3x within 10 minutes if he gave our baby her medication. I had no recollection of asking. I forget my friends' kids' names (NOT like me) and forget entire conversations within an hour. When we adopted 3 little ones at once, I even had to talk myself through intersections...since I couldn't remember if the light was green...I know, it's SCARY!!! It's so frustrating for everyone who knows me, but I'm so glad to have an explanation. My poor daughter has finally started answering to my sister's name...since that's what I call her most of the time...without noticing. At least I know now that I'll come out smarter in the end. lol
Thanks, Charissa.
Can I just confess to something too? This morning I went to pour juice into my baby's sippy cup but instead I started pouring it over the coffee grounds in the french press. I didn't miss his cup, I just poured it right into the press. I thought, oh great, I guess my coffee will be white grape juice flavored this morning.
YUP!!! i GOT IT TOO!
The worst is the people thing. I'm always running into people who know me, but /i can't for the life of me figure out who they are. I see so many from swimming lessons, school, gymnastics, etc etc, I can't keep track. Besides, I'm easy to remember...I'm the frazzled mom chasing after 3 little kids, plus Kaia having DS makes me stand out more so I'm easier to remember. Plus I'm too busy doing a head count evey 10 seconds to really pay attention to others I guess.
I accused my daughter of eating 1/2 lb. of deli ham. Found it in the pantry within an hour. Made coffee with no water, then with no coffee beans (didn't even get them in the grinder). I call my daughter my sister's name ALL THE TIME. Lisa ~ glad to hear they start answering soon. I only have two kids and can't remember their names. Maybe that's why my son thinks he's the boss of the house, I keep calling him by my husband's name.
Catherine
I accused my daughter of eating 1/2 lb. of deli ham. Found it in the pantry within an hour. Made coffee with no water, then with no coffee beans (didn't even get them in the grinder). I call my daughter my sister's name ALL THE TIME. Lisa ~ glad to hear they start answering eventually. I only have two kids and can't remember their names. Maybe that's why my son thinks he's the boss of the house, I keep calling him by my husband's name.
Catherine
I am frequently on the other end of the blank stare. Really, can I tell you how many times I've "met" the same person? They always seem very glad to meet me for the 3rd time. I just go along with it after awhile. By the way, Momnesia is not new for you. Remember when you put the milk in the cabinet with the glasses when we were roommates? I think at that time it might have been busy-planning-a-wedding-nesia.
HA HA I guess you're right, Jennifer!
Post a Comment