CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Remember my post about how much Ava hates her bath and the swimming pool? Well what a difference a couple of weeks makes. She still hates the nice warm bath....go figure. But look how well she's adapted to the swimming pool! I'm especially suprised with her previous sensitivity to cold temperatures. I guess that brushing therapy has really paid off. And you should see her squeal when her daddy throws her up in the air and catches her in the pool. What a change! She is truly an Urban now. :) And in the process, she learned a new sign, water (make a 'w' with your fingers and tap your lips). She is truly surprising us every day. What a smart girl she is!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't it amazing what a difference being with loving family can do for one little girl??? She is so adorable! She has grown by leaps and bounds - in more ways than one!

Amy

Jester 6 said...

Looks like the girls just wanted to do the water in their own time! I have to make sure mine doesn't try to climb in the tub by herself now. :)

Julie said...

She is such an amazing little girl!

mom2four said...

awww, that is soooo wonderful! I love learning about new signs too. I've used some signing with my kids but didn't know to many :)

Leah Spring said...

Oh, I love it! It's amazing watching her grow, change and develop into the little girl God intended her to be!
A hint for Daddy (from my sign language interpreter self) sign the signs the way they're supposed to be vs. how Ava signs them. All babies who use sign go through a phase of modified signs, or sign approximations, but your goal is to eventually having them sign the way it's supposed to be signed so it's understandable to others. They won't do that if you stop modeling the real sign.
Anyway, looks to me like Ava is making amazing progress!!!!