CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Earrings for Ava?

I am bracing myself for the possibility that Ava won't be able to grow hair. The dermatologist said that if the steroid cream is going to work she should have peach fuzz in 6 weeks on her bald spots. Well I have been applying it faithfully for 5 weeks and not a hair follicle in sight! (I'm afraid I'm going to start growing peach fuzz on my face from all the head kisses I've been giving her though).

So the girls had an idea to make her look more feminine....earrings! Since they both have their ears pierced they thought Ava should have hers pierced too. These are little earring stickers that the neighbor girl gave to us. The girls experimented to see what Ava would look like with earrings. I personally think she looks adorable, what do you think?

15 comments:

BlessedMama said...

Very cute! :-)

Me said...

I think she looks adorable. Kaia has her ears pierced. She had them done at 8 months old. It was harder on me than on her! I say go for it. You can get them to use numbing cream (can't remember what it's called) or buy some to bring with you so it won't hurt as much.

Bethany said...

Most definitely! It always makes me so nervous though!

Anonymous said...

Hi kids..
I think the girls are right...the earrings are adoreable. Sure miss you all, and hope I get to see you again one day and meet Ava.

Love,Aunt Sharon

Leah Spring said...

I agree, go for it! (and the numbing cream is called Emla Cream) I've always wanted to get Angela's ears peirced, but she's had so many medical issues that it would have ended up being more of a problem than anything. (you know, take them off for x-rays or scans, or hospital stays, etc. which Angela has a lot of!) I was going to do them for her 12th birthday, but she said she doesn't want them. She won't wear necklaces or anything either. She's so anti-girl! LOL

Christina said...

Awww she looks cute! Kallie has her ears pierced :)

Michelle said...

Awwww :o) She would look so cute with those little ears pierced! Go for it!

Have a happy Fourth of July!
Michelle :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm in the minority here, but I do hope you don't have Ava's beautiful little ears pierced. Please stick with the stick-ons!

It's one thing for a girl who's old enough to understand the pain, the motivation and the consequences to make this decision for herself, but something entirely different for a (no-doubt well-intentioned) adult to decide to pierce the ears of a little child who is unable to understand anything but that someone is hurting her.

I do understand that older girls may feel peer pressure, and that some cultures customarily pierce the ears of their baby girls - but neither situation seems to apply here.

Why inflict unnecessary pain and later discomfort (and the risk of infection, or even mutilation, should Ava inadvertently tear an uncomfortable earring loose) on an innocent child who cannot possibly understand any of this?

You've done such an outstanding job loving and cherishing Ava (and the rest of your children) thus far - it really distresses me that you'd even consider subjecting Ava to the least little bit of pain for such a totally unnecessary reason. Please think again...

Tell your big girls Ava can look very feminine indeed, with lacy headbands and ribbons and ruffles and bonnets, even if she does lack flowing locks - and pierced earrings.

Very sincerely,
Susan in Kentucky
Cousin to two from Ukraine

Anonymous said...

The earrings are adorable!

After the Drs. have exhausted everything you might also look into "Locks of Love"

Robin said...

i like the, especially if there is numbing cream involved. :)

WheresMyAngels said...

All my daughters had their ears pierced by age 4. Two of them choose too and one wasn't able too at the time and I choose it because she had a boy's hair cut(long story) and I wanted people to know she was a girl. My girls never had a major issues with earrings. I've had my ears pierced many different times and don't really think there is any pain involved. Many people force young children to wear shoes that they were not born with ;) and I find shoes alot more painful then ears being pierced. You will never find me in shoes or my children unless we have to leave the house. lol

Chelley said...

Very cute!

Marlita said...

I say go for it!! She is beautiful as she is, but earrings would make her so feminine. I think it would be cute on her, and take some focus off the bald spots. She has some tolerance for pain, so I say go for it.

Arizona mom to eight said...

We used something else for Meghan, steroid creme is rarely effective for alopecia. Ask about Squaric acid, it is safe, i did my homework, and it works.

Anonymous said...

Sure, the pain only lasts for two seconds, go to a place that does both at the same time with numbing cream. I have a special needs daughter and her ears are pierced and she loves them and we have not had issues. She has bumped them hard a few times but I just clean them up with the solution the store provided and they are good to go. I have left in the original ones for 6 months. Get some simple ones that don't snag easy and she'll be fine. Worst case if there is a a problem you take them out and let it close up.