John and I have been talking about losing weight forever, my goal was to lose the weight before our family pictures. Well, it never happened.
I really like the idea of Weight Watchers, the accountability aspect of it, but I am too cheap to spend the $12 a week. So...talk about accountability...I'm going to start posting my weight on my blog, and the accountability will be knowing that anybody in cyberspace could potentially know how much I weigh. John wants to do it with me. I can't believe that I have resorted to this, but nothing else has worked (Right Marcie, my accountability friend? :) ) Thanks Christina for giving me the idea and the inspiration to lose weight!
So....this morning's weight....154.8...My goal is to lose 15 pounds.
John's weight this a.m........211.8, his weight goal is 190.
So here goes........I'm clicking the publish button.........Now! (Yikes)
Anyone care to join us??!! (PLEASE?)
11 comments:
I would love to join you Charissa, but you'll probably beat me. Amazingly, we are very similar in weight. You just carry it very well! I'm going to weigh myself right now.
I don't want to unmotivate (is that a word?) you, but for your height your weight is about on target. You may just need to tone up, which that in itself you will drop inches. You could try where I work out, it's alot of fun with accountability, and FREE childcare!
Add me to the list...Opa
No thank you! I'm definitely trying to lose weight before bringing mine home, but I'm not even sure I want to get Wii fit because it puts your weight on the screen! Yikes! Great idea though - accountability definitely works!
Awww...I am so glad to have been a part of motivating you. If your anything like me, putting out the number and doing weekly weigh ins will TOTALLY affect your eating. Because by nature we want to brag! We want to post how much we loose! good luck girl and I'll be cheering you on from So Flo! If you want an idea of what I was doing just email me and I can write out my meal plans :)
I thought you had lost weight in you pics, really! Okay, I am on Atkins right now and will do it with you. Right Right now it is at 161, and I have lost about 10 pounds. I am insulin resistant, so cutting carbs is really the only thing that works for me.
How wonderfully courageous! I read your fortune cookie this morning and it said 'You will soon be able to drink whole milk if you want'.
Hey - I have another idea for you. Nancy and I are accountability partners and when we are losing weight we e-mail everything we ate each day to each other at night - instead of keeping a personal diary we show it to each other - we also write what type of exercise we did, did we drink water, etc. It really helps as you are putting that stuff in your mouth to know someone is going to read about it all later!!!
Ok, here goes. 156.3 lbs., but I'm only 5'2"!! I had a back injury and I have nerve damage in my left leg which limits exercise. I used to be a runner.:(
I was just thinking today that you motivated me to believe that I could be a runner in college.
Maybe it's time for you to join RovyRunners w/ me. We could run the San Francisco Marathon in 2009! Then, you don't have to be on any stinky diet.
Honestly, you look amazing as always. I don't actually think you need to be thinking about weight loss. Go get one of those fancy BMI scales. I've been looking at my body fat percentages these days instead of my weight.
I would love to join, but I however, haven't had a scale in my house for probably 9 + years. Weight is just a number. Inches and body tone are much better ways of determining your overall fitness. Plus, it can become a stronghold, atleast for me, to weigh everyday. Because I would be on it multiple times a day. Just an area of weakness for me. I am trying to lessen my daily consumption of evil foods. Like high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, etc. I have given up my lovely coffee creamer because it is so not good for me and I can tell a difference already. Good luck with your goals.
Post a Comment