CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Old Friends

I suppose "Old Friends" is not the best title for this post but I'm not feeling extremely creative today. Sorry friends. These are my very young friends Kristi and Delahne. (Some of you adoption blog readers will recognize Delahne who is adopting 3 yr. old Hannah from Eastern Europe....she should have news ANY day now!). We have known each other since we were 18 years old, freshman in nursing school. We had many...let's say "interesting" experiences together, and had many laughs in those early years learning to use catheters, enemas, give bed baths, etc. You get the idea.

Thankfully Kristi makes it a point to come and visit once a year or so, and each time she comes we take a picture of these 3 "old friends" growing older every year. We always get a good laugh over the funny pictures we have of us as each time they have been taken by one of our kids. In some of our previous photos we have all had bunny ears and goofy faces peeking over the back of the couch.







It's always a little crazy when we all get together but I am SO glad we have kept in touch over the years.














This is Kristi's daughter Kelsie who reads this blog (Hi Kelsie!) and informed me while she was here that watching Ava has inspired her to be a therapist. I was so proud. She would make the perfect babysitter!! I told her I wanted her, and she said she would be happy to babysit but I'd have to pick her up and bring her back home. Too bad she lives 4 1/2 hours away away!



And this is Delahne's daughter Catherine who taught Ava how to roll a ball! I have been working for weeks on this (OT homework) to no avail, and Catherine picks up a ball and rolls it to her, and Ava rolled it right back. Thank you Catherine!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Cute story about Ava rolling the ball. She sounds STUBBORN, just like my Sarah. Sarah goes to speech therapy twice a week and is supposed to practice at home. Unfortunately, she will NEVER practice with me!!! : P

Anonymous said...

Hi Charissa! *waves back*

It was so fun to come to your house. I started my own blog - www.kelsiescrazyworld.blogspot.com just like you told me I should! :) Thanks for letting us come visit! Ava is just as cute in real life as she is in the blog! I loved coming!

I wish I could babysit for y'all... oh well...

Anonymous said...

Sorry Cheresa... Charissa... I have no idea how to spell your name. Sorry if I spelled it wrong in my last comment!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you made wise choices in making friends. Does Ava cry sometimes when you leave her? Do you think she has developed some emotional need of you and your husband to be 'near her'? If she started talking, do you think she'd ask you to take her back to the Ukraine? South of the Rio Grande

jennifer... said...

Did you color your hair?!?!  I like it!