CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mommy date night

We have a tradition of scheduling one-on-one time every so often with each of our kids. Tonight was Hope's night. It doesn't cost a whole lot to entertain a 3 year old, really. Oh, how I love mommy date nights.

Strawberry and green tea frappucinos from Starbucks (Thanks Christine for the suggestion)...Somebody please explain to me why a small is called a tall??!!! Tall? Grande? Venti? What does this mean? Let's call them what they are folks, small, medium and large! I'm not sure why I let it bother me so much.
I loved listening to Hope's deep 3 yr. old thoughts, including this one..."Mommy, it's OK if we jump in a house, but not on a house, wight? Or we might fall off and get hurt weely bad, wight?"



Holding the cutest puppy (in her opinion) at the local pet shop....She told me that if this was her dog she would name him "Cute Little Baby Boy Dog". They sell some very interesting things at pet shops, like crate bumper pads for $35....and doggy strollers......hmmm.


I had to post this one too. She wanted to take a picture of herself in the car. I sure do love that girl!



Last stop: The Dollar Store. I told her she could pick two things for herself, then something for her brothers and sisters to share. She picked a package of greeting cards, so she could invite everyone to her "bowtday pawty", and some fake flowers..."for when she gets married". I tried to talk her out of the flowers, saying that she might change her mind by the time she gets engaged. To which she replied, "Well you can use it for when you get married to Daddy. Are you and Daddy already married?"




Had to get a 25cent gumball on our way out, so she could make a "gum hole". For some reason that is more fun that the gum itself.

7 comments:

Dalene said...

Charissa she is hilarious.

jennifer... said...

I love every bit of your post today.  You need to keep those flowers and do something - anything - with them on her wedding day.  And I get your irritation with the cool Starbucks lingo.  I resolved a long time ago to NOT use their descriptives.  Of course, the whole idea is lost on me anyway since I'm still just ordering black coffee from them.

Alice said...

Great post! Your daughter is priceless!! I refuse to use Starbucks lingo, too.:) I thought it was just me. I always ask for a medium and they smile patronizingly and tell me the "corrct" word which I ignore. I guess I'm stubborn.:)

amyl4 said...

She's a DOLL! I'm glad you two had so much fun!
Amy

Anonymous said...

This post today added 12 hours to my lifespan. I would like to take her to Starbucks, and see if she makes any famous quotes....for myself. Opa

WheresMyAngels said...

I haven't tried the strawberry and green tea fraps! Hmmmmm.

She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hope has the most beautiful chocolate-brown eyes...and a personality that is just as sweet as chocolate!

Susan in Ky, cousin to two from Ukraine...