I don't know why but Ava will NOT show her newly mastered signs to anybody but our family. I have tried to show her off several times, and she refuses to sign for other people or the video camera. Go figure. I have tried to get video of her saying "mama", "papa" (she puts her thumb on her chin, does the same sign for both even though for 'papa' she's supposed to put her thumb on her forehead), "ball", "eat", and "bye-bye". She does all these signs pretty well.....unless you're just trying to show her off. Pretty clever little girl. So one of these days you won't be surprised to see a video. Boy is she cute! She grins ever so sweetly, as if she is so proud of herself. You oughtta see her. And other big news....She has learned to push herself up to sitting the correct way, pushing with her hands up from the side. We are so proud. This little girl has certainly managed to get every one of us wrapped around her little flexible finger. Watch for a signing video....soon I hope.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kaia was like that too....wouldn't do it for anyone when asked. The odd time though after she really started initiating the signs, like to ask for milk, someone would see her do it, but most of the time not. I think it's a shy thing, or she liked to make a liar out of us! Now that she's using words, she's doing the same thing. If she knows someone is watching, she won't say anything. My neighbour, who sees us everyday, told me the other day, when she heard Kaia talking away to Pierce and to her kids, that she was talking SO much all of a sudden and that she'd hardly heard her say anything before. I told her she's been talking alot more in the last 6 months or so, just doesn't do it in front of others. Her pre-school teacher says the same thing.
Forgot to add that it's WAY awesome that she's communicating. To learn to do that so quickly, especially not knowing english at first is AMAZING!!
Joshua and I saw a little girl about 8 years old with DS at the library yesterday. She walked in holding her mother's hand and of course I thought of you. I imagined her to be Ava, walking and talking. All these little progress reports make it seem very realistic for her. I can't wait!
Sitting up the right way! What a load off you no more worries about catching her to help her do it the right way!!! I applaud you all for your hard work...though you make it look like loads of fun more than work. Can't wait to see the video of her signing!
We started working the fairs today. Ken and boys took first load to Lovington. Ken has become a pro at this I wish I'd have known about blogging and blogged our first fair...o my how far we've come! love and hugs,
Post a Comment