CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ava is drinking finally!

I wanted to follow up about Ava and her drinking. Remember she weaned from her bottle before she knew how to drink out of a straw or sippy cup. Well we tried the honey bear, different sippy cups, medicine cups, medicine droppers. Finally I tried the cheap ($1-ish) sippy cups with the flexible top. I cut a slit in the top so she doesn't have to suck too hard. I thicken her drink up a bit otherwise it comes out too fast and she either chokes or it all dribbles down her chin. If it's milk, I add yogurt and if it's juice I add applesauce. She is drinking like a pro now, even holding her own sippy cup. What's cute is that she likes to hold the sippy cup and pretend like she's singing into a microphone. At least I THINK that's what she's doing. She's been watching her brothers and sisters playing Rock Band on the Wii.

8 comments:

Jester 6 said...

So where is the picture of Miss Ava holding this cup?? :)

Marlita said...

Post a video please??

Bethany said...

Awesome Ava!!

jennifer... said...

Vote 3 for a video.  See, we're not getting tired of Ava videos!

Kathy said...

What kind and flavor of yogurt do you add to her milk? And what's the ratio? PJ has trouble with thinner liquids, and I'm wanting to try a straw cut with him. Thanks!! (She's SO cute!)

Michelle said...

atta girl!

Tim Rovenstine said...

There she goes. I'm wondering if they have MISS DOWNS AMERICA... and she is getting a call...to go on stage. DRinking from a cup!!! Imagine. Not the same little girl I saw you brought from the Ukraine.

Robin said...

that first sentence cracked me up...