CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Another boy who captured my heart

One of the moms in the Reece's Rainbow adoption group, came back from her adoption trip and told about a little boy she met. I often cry as I look at the photos of little orphan children, but the night I read about this boy I was sobbing. His story was heartbreaking.

He is a survivor. Satan wanted him dead and so did his mother. But God had another plan for little Denis. A plan to give him hope and restoration, a family to love him.

When I got the email about little Denis, I began to pray that the Lord would bring a family for him. I laid in bed that night and I remember specifically saying, "Lord, he needs a family like the Reeds. Lots of brothers and sisters to love him, and parents who understand and know how to deal with the issues that come along with abandonment and abuse. Lord, send someone just like the Reed family."

Well the Lord DID answer my prayer. He not only sent a family just like the Reeds, He DID send the Reeds! I was so excited when I got an email from Christine just a couple of days later. It wasn't public information yet, she said, but she was so excited she had to share with somebody.....they had decided to adopt Denis!

Isn't God good? Now, how does He do that?

Well I saw on Christine's blog today that they have arrived in Ukraine, and their SDA appointment is tomorrow. I hope you will keep the Reed family in your prayers. I know what a time we had explaining why we would want to adopt a child with special needs when we already had 4 of our own at home. They will have to explain why they want to adopt a child with special needs when they have TEN kids back home. She gave me permission to share Denis' story and her blog here, so if you want to follow along, and I hope you do, her blog is theukrainetrain.blogspot.com.

Here is little Denis, who will always have a special place in my heart.....

And here is a picture....drawn by one of his sisters...of his precious family. Oh, I am so excited!!!

2 comments:

June Berger said...

I'm sooo glad it's THIS Denis she was speaking of in her blog! I saw she was adopting Denis and that she was there, but I didn't realize it was this little love! How I cried as well when I read his story! And I prayed for a loving familiy to call his own! Now he has that, plus lots of brothers and sisters that love him. PRAISE GOD!!

Tim Rovenstine said...

This is a sad story, with a happy ending.