Look what my girl can say in sign language!! Now can someone tell me how to say "music"? I have a feeling it will be one we use quite often. She loves music!! Is it obvious? If you listen real closely you can hear Hope in the very back seat griping that she didn't get to sit by Ava. :)
Monday, June 30, 2008
Sign language!!!
Posted by liesel at 1:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Our youngest daugher's first sign was "more" too(she was non-verbal due to her trach.) We had a swing inside the house for her, just like you have for Ava. I can't help you with the sign for music as we used MAKATON sign language.
God bless,
Samantha, in the middle of England.
Beautiful! And what a great song to be asking for more of... OH HAPPY DAY!!! Praise God for this progress :)
I love it! She is just so cute. How does she ever learn anything. . .I don't think I could put her down. I would be wanting to hug and kiss her all day.
Charissa, Music is this:
hold you left arm to the side of you, kinda bent and move your right hand from your left elbow to your left wrist back and forth! Woo hoo Ava!
She's just too smart! WTG Ava!
Check out the ASL Browser for videos of sign language http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm - Jess
Woo hoo! Ava, you are amazing!
I can't remember if more was Mercede's first sign or milk. I think it was more and then milk. Then it was eat!! lol
Yeah!!! Isn't it so awesome when we know our little ones are "getting it"? Jonathan's first sign was "eat". He always does "eat", his shut off sensor must have a malfunction! LOL I swear she gets more beautiful every day!
Yeah for Ava! How wonderful!
Yay Ava! communication and great taste in music.
musical appreciation will get you far in life!
Thank you Jess for the link to the ASL page. I looked and looked online for something like that. How perfect!
In addition to Ava's great signing, just look at that expressive and focussed little face! What a change from the little girl who was left to lie in her crib all day...and what faith you had to see her potential, and to help her achieve it. She's just doing so beautifully, with loving care and attention.
The sign for "music" resembles playing a small harp - at least, that's the way I was taught it, years ago. Many signs are visually symbolic and very expressive, which makes it easier to learn them.
(So next time, will we see Ava, the harpist?? :-) You never know!)
Susan in Ky, whose cousins from Ukraine are coming to visit next week!
That was wonderful. We all need More of Jesus, don't we??????
Post a Comment