CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I witnessed the sweetest thing yesterday. I was laying down on my bed with Ava. It was her naptime and I was trying to get some cuddles in before she went down. Well just then Jude was dropped back home from a play date that he had had with a friend. Jude came in and laid down on the bed with us and he was crying. He was crying, because he had been having so much fun with his friend and wasn't quite ready to come home yet. 


Well while I was trying to console him, Ava left my side, CRAWLED over to the opposite side of the bed where Jude was laying and crying, and she climbed on top of him and began to stroke his hair and lick him, she was just licking all over his face, his cheeks, his eyes. It was so deliberate and so purposeful, I just know she knew he was hurting and was trying to console him. Isn't that amazing? How did she learn that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oma knows wherre she learned all that consoling and lovin'---from Jude! It was payback time for big brother, Jude! I love that blog! Oma sends love and kisses and hugs to all!

Unknown said...

She is an intuitive little girl. That is so sweet! I only hope that my children can notice hurt and feel empathetic when others are hurting and respond sacrifically. Did he start laughing? I can picture my boys doing that. What was Jude's reaction?

Bethany said...

That is adorable! She learned it first from Xander, and even more so from your wonderful family! :)

Delahne said...

Wow! that is so sweet!

Deb D. said...

What a lovely heart in a beautiful child. She is living out the love she experienced with Naum and in her wonderful, caring, affectionate, tender family. What a joy she is. :-)