I am NOT supposed to be encouraging this, but it is so cute I had to video and post it JUST THIS ONCE. Ava has learned how to get from sitting to crawling (Watch the legs do the splits, she is supposed to go down from the side using her hands). I couldn't find the hip helpers yesterday, so this is how she does it. Shhh. Don't tell the therapists.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Sitting to crawling
Posted by liesel at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hey, it works. That looks like postioning from SIT to CRAWL in my books, maybe you need to give this tip to the therapist!
It seems to work for her. It looks really uncomfortable to me, but hey she is flexible.
She needs a promotion! Lets make her more than just 4 months developmentally. Wasn't that your last report?
I like the Russian music in the background. I've noticed you had it playing in the background of your videos before, and I like it. Your blog is the best and I love your parents. Thanks for sharing them with us! (I'm sitting in your parents living room writing this...they're the best!) Linda Otamendi
Catherine used to do the same thing! Splits to get down AND up!
Ava is using her arms and hands so much more effectively in crawling, and her speed surely has increased as well. And look at how well she's handling that toy (can't quite tell what it is, but she likes it, obviously!). I love her intense facial expressions - this little girl knows just what she wants to do, and you can just see her figuring out how to accomplish it.
Such a joy to see her continue to "unfold" and blossom...what a little charmer!
Susan in Ky, cousin to two from Ukraine
YOU ARE SPRUNG!! It is hard to keep "secrets" when her therapists read the blog! It is awfully cute, and I'm impressed with her ability to make herself get where she needs to go despite all the obstacles in her way! She is an amazing little girl :) Rachel
In our house we call that splits move "The Clock". I don't know how they do it! But as they get older, they lose the ability--I wish we had had a videotape of our daughter doing that very thing!
Emma did the same thing and our therapist never had a problem with it, saying she would grow out of it when she gained enough strength. That was exactly what happened. No problems. It was certainly a conversation starter when our friends saw her do that!
Post a Comment