I thought about these "outfits"....


......as I took Ava on a shopping spree today. You see, a few months ago we received a gift certificate to an upscale children's boutique in town. A lady had read Ava's story in the newspaper and was touched. Her daughter happens to own a very nice children's boutique, and she and a couple of employees pitched in and bought a gift certificate for us to buy Ava some new clothes with. I was overwhelmed.
So today was the day. I wore a skirt and high heels, pushed a stroller and hummed "Pretty Woman". (Monica, does that bring back memories of our Name Brand Clothing days?) Of course I went straight to the sale rack, and found some very cute buys. Here she is modeling one of the outfits. I even got some headbands to match. And some walking shoes. Stay tuned for the post about the walking shoes.....I can't wait to see her walking in them!!
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Shopping spree
Posted by liesel at 11:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
Aww these pictures are adorable !!! Especially the one in the middle !!! =]
-Heather
OMGosh that is too cute! And wow on the people that sent you the gift!
I just love her smile and how it puts a twinkle in her eyes!
She's just darling, Charissa!!
That cannot be the same child you picked up in Ukraine! She's got so much joy and LIFE in her eyes now. It blesses me every time I read your blog!
That last photo is priceless! She's beautiful!
Amy
Ava is so beautiful! It is hard to believe she is the same child in the orphanage pics! She is happy, healthy & full of life now!! What a great testament to adoption!
Talk about extreme makeover! She is a doll no matter what she's in, but she is so cute with the little flirt with the camera. She knows she's a cutie!!
What a doll baby! The outfits in Ukraine crack me up, I remember that you weren't allowed to un-layer her either! Your taste is much better! :)
Oh my goodness, she is a doll! Those pictures are adorable! She looks so happy and loved :o)
Oh my goodness, just look at that smile...priceless!!
Too cute. She looks pretty proud of herself in her new duds.
Oh my goodness - she is just an absolute doll! I can't stop laughing at the outfits on the "before" side - it looks as though the workers "tried" to come up with the goofiest outfits :)
Ava looks like she just came out of a baby model magazine! You dress her sooo cute!
Mandy
A little model. You might hire her out and make some money.
She's absolutely beautiful! I love all the pictures, but the last one is my favorite! She looks like such a cute little imp, little wrinkled nose and all ;o)
June
Oh Charissa, that last picture is soooo cute!!!!! Little Miss Ava is such a doll!
awww!!!! SOOO cute!
So dang cute. She looks like a little doll.
I know I've said it before, but this little girls is simply amazing! That smile says it all.
That last photo is too darling for words. The headband makes the outfit!
What a sweetie pie, she looks adorable! What a wonderful gift for her too, adn I would do the same thing, head straight to the sales rack!
How precious. I can't wait to see Ava walk either.
Aww, that last pic is so full of personality!
Post a Comment