Anybody who knows me knows that it doesn't take a whole lot to make me cry. I've always been this way as long as I can remember, finding myself crying at the most inopportune and embarrassing moments. Try as I might I have never been able to change this about myself.
My kids find this extremely hilarious. They enjoy watching me more than the movies to see at which point mom will start crying.
Well today I was reading this book to the kids...
It's about an old man who retires from working at the bakery, and he decides to spend his spare time fishing with his wife Emma and he opens a hot dog stand, just for fun.
So I'm reading out loud to the kids, and I get to the part where...sniff sniff...a family of four who is driving an old car stop by for hot dogs....sniff sniff...and they only have two dollars, but the hot dogs are one dollar each. So Stan tells them that it is their lucky day, that hot dogs are buy one get one free today. And the family of four gets to eat for only two dollars. And I found myself with tears rolling down my cheeks and my kids all laughing hysterically, "MOM!!! It's Stan the Hot Dog Man! It's about HOT DOGS!"
If anybody has a cure, I would greatly appreciate it. :) I know my sister Marlita can't be of any help to me.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Stan the Hot Dog Man
Posted by liesel at 10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Doesn't everyone cry at "Stan the Hot Dog Man"? I don't see anything abnormal with your tear ducts, mine seem to work just the same.
June
Reminds me of one of our favorite songs. I wish you could hear the tune. Big Sis sings it a lot. The words will have to suffice.
I know a weenie man,
He owns a weenie stand,
He sells most ANYTHING
From Weiners, down.
Someday I'll join his life
I'll be his Weiner....WIIIFFFE.
Hot Dog!
I love that WEINER MAN!!!
I understand...my tear ducts flow when you or anyone else I love start crying....its a girl thing.
LOL I sound like you! Seriously, I'm nervous to get to Russia because I think I might cry the entire time. I swear, that is what Ava and Payton do to us! :)
Doesn't sound like you need a cure, it sounds like you have a really big tender heart. God gave it to you for a reason.
Boy, you wouldn't want to live around here. I've started to charge Josh a quarter every time he falls apart. Maybe we shouldn't check out this book...
Oma says you girls must have gotten your curse from me!!
I know what you go through. The other day I listening to my friend tell me about dropping her husband back at the airport for his second trip to Iraq. She didn't have a tear in her eye, while I was sobbing, and couldn't pull myself together she was consoling me telling me, she and her 2 girls are ok.
Oh, see this is a disease, and all the women on my side of the family have it. You see, our bladders are directly connected to our eyes, and so they're always tearing up at the silliest things. When I was working in special education and we'd have a practice tornado or fire drill, I'd tear up every time. The other teachers thought it was hilarious.
Post a Comment