CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The REAL prom....1989

Alright Dalene, this post is for you. The REAL prom, 1989. Gotta love those bangs. Does this picture make you want to laugh or cry? I am laughing personally. Ah, the memories. There is a saying that keeps going through my mind as I look at this photo. "You know you are a redneck when.....", well, never mind. Just a little stroll down memory lane...via TUL-sa!

My sweet Aunt Esther made our prom dresses but was nice enough to let us take the credit for making them. Thanks Aunt Esther. I still can't sew.
My prom date, Lance, was a little shy. NICE guy, but a little too fond of crawdads and "muddin'" for my taste. I wonder what became of him, or the rest of these people for that matter. That's why I like cousins so much.

2 comments:

Dalene said...

Ha Ha Ha.... Oh my goodness. Remember the hand-holding by two people that were NOT each other's date? That is hysterical. We still need to get together with Lori... she lives in the area.

I wonder if Mr. Baseball ever made it to the Big Leagues. I don't think we'll ever be forgiven for suggesting Rosie's Rib Joint for dinner, and then ordering the "Big Breast Chicken" (or something like that...)

liesel said...

I think it was the "Exotic Breast" chicken. Yes, I remember well the hand holding episode, a little surprising to say the least. But hey, at least we have some stories to tell.