CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 02, 2008

The results are in......

I got a call from the developmental specialist this morning, bearing the results of the lab results for Ava. Are you ready for this? He said....Ava has......Trisomy 21. DOWN SYNDROME. Gasp!
Awkward pause.....
"Uh......OK? Thank you?"

13 comments:

Andrea Roberts said...

You are SO funny! lololol

Deb D. said...

Brilliant what those tests can determine, huh? :-)

Me said...

Shocking! Did they actually think you didn't know that?

Michelle said...

I for one am shocked! Did you guys know this? LOL :o) You HAVE to put Ava up on the blog saying Mamamamama!!!!! That is awesome!

Michelle said...

she probably just has a touch of it, you know. And I bet she is an angel. All these kids are SO loving and sweet, angels, I tell ya. And you! You are a saint. It takes a certain kinda mother to raise...these kids. Im sure you arent actually enjoying it, we know kids like this are really so destructive to their families, and well...her poor siblings! I will pray for you.

snicker.

Anonymous said...

did you pay for this test?

Shelley said...

We got the same type of call with Xander. The lady giving me the results said I was the first person that thought Down Syndrome was wonderful news(because they kept telling me they thought it was something other than T21!).

The Urbans said...

Anonymous asked if I paid for this test...Well not really. Insurance covers 100% of labwork, and they tested for many other things as well. Apparently they are required to call for anything that comes back abnormal. For some reason it struck me funny though.

Dalene said...

Hilarious...

ArtworkByRuth said...

Got to love it! I suppose this was to ensure you, and Ukraine, were not diagnosing a child without a license?

WheresMyAngels said...

Will she out grow it? ;)

Kathy said...

That is funny. What I want to know is, who is responsible for withholding this important information from you until now?
snicker snicker.

mamamamamamama! I still am only getting dadada, or, blablabla!

Terra said...

I cracked up when I read this post! I am glad you have a sense of humor!! I'm just glad you didn't have to pay out of pocket for those results!! :) Momma is a wonderful word to hear!