CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

We went to the library yesterday and signed up for the summer reading program. The kids insisted that Ava needed to be signed up too. I really did not feel like committing to read TWENTY books to her, but I agreed, yes, Ava should sign up too (even though she can't read, eat Sonic tater tots or go bowling).

Look at the book we happened to stumble across, and look how mesmerized she is.









Needless to say, I'm glad we signed her up. :)

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww :o)

Anonymous said...

We have that book too...I love it!! Some other cute ones are "We'll Paint the Octopus Red" and some Russ books....I think Russ and the Firehouse. You can get on your libraries web site and do a catalog search by subject. One day I put in Down syndrome and came up with several for me and my older daughter. The girls look so cute snuggled in reading to Ava:)

Wendy

Delahne said...

We got that book, too! Catherine picked it out for Caleb and it was so sweet. Caleb is also in the summer reading program. It's all about the lady bug!

Karen said...

I love that book, Charissa, and so does Annie! There's another wonderful book by the same author called, "My Up & Down & All Around Book"

Here's a couple other good ones..

"ABC for You and Me"

"1 2 3 For You and Me"
(Concept Books. Albert Whitman))

Reading is great!!!

Dalene said...

NICE!!!

Cammie Heflin said...

That is Addy's favorite too! I ordered once I knew she was coming home to us! Thanks again, for the clothes, they are wonderful! :)

Pan Cratius said...

I wonder if they have it in Spanish

Shea said...

She looks so BIG in that picture. She is getting to be so beautiful.

Arizona mom to eight said...

We have to get that book! The girls look so sweet together. We just bought My Up &Down& All Around Book. It also features children with Down syndrome, KAra loves it, I am taking it to Estonia with me. I want to get the other too, I would love to show them to the staff there.

Andrea Roberts said...

Reece has that book too! He can definitely recognize that he is "one of them". It is pretty cool how they all sense each other that way! ---Andrea