This was such a fun craft for a rainy day! Paper dolls. We took 5x7 photos of ourselves in our swimsuits, cut and laminated them (the great thing about this craft is you can cut yourself as skinny as you want to be!) Then we cut outfits out of scrapbooking paper and stuck them on with magnets. As you can see, we now have new decorations for our refrigerator too. (I made a wise decision NOT to post myself in a bathing suit).
I realize Ava looks like a giant here, and it probably looks like she was standing too. We could really freak some people out at the orphanage with that photo. I'll let you use your imagination how we used some trick photography to make that work....
As we were cutting and sticking I said, "Girls, WE ARE SO CREATIVE!" To which Liesel responded, "Mom, actually it wasn't even your idea, you got it out of that book." HA Don't you love it when your kids put you right in your place...The book, in case you are wondering, is What To Do After You Turn Off The TV. I found it at my favorite bookstore.....The GoodWill. Is it sad that the "shopping bag" Liesel made for herself says Walmart on it?
And Simeon bought himself a couple of model airplanes, with his own money, to put together with his brother. However.........
Mr. Party Pooper felt like being a couch potato instead.
Monday, June 09, 2008
Rainy Day Fun
Posted by liesel at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I LOVE your dress.
What a creative idea! I'm not that crafty but I love to see things made by other people who are.
Dahlings, you look fabulous! I am going to do that with my girls too! They would get the biggest kick out of it!
PS - Goodwill ROCKS :o) I have the "Shabby Chic" living room to show for that too, and books and clothes too :o)
I love Goodwill as well. I had to dress business professional for a class last semester, and I wasn't very excited about buying a new wardrobe until I realized I could get stuff for really cheap! I bought a really nice suit jacket for $7 and a few dress shirts and had enough for all semester!
I love the paper doll craft! YOU had a great idea, Charissa! :)
That is such an awesome idea. I think its a great therapy tool for Kaia too. her OT is always mentioning about "people" puzzles being a good toy to get her. This would be a good and cheaper solution.
Go Goodwill!
Tell the Party Pooper I want him to come to my house. We will do this craft, but in European bathing suits and we will gross the girls out.
How fun...i loved paper dolls as a kid...who'd of thought you could make your own??? And just a note I don't think Jude is a party pooper...he's just like his uncle kenny so it's in his genes or his personality or something lol!!!
Nice dress, Charissa! Did you ask Johnny to check the back see if it was tucked up into your underwear?
That is so cute! And I love that you were put in your place for finding it in a book ... TOO funny!
Post a Comment