Ava had a virus over the past few days which resulted in a red, an apparently very sore throat. She isn't wanting to drink her bottles, it must hurt to suck? The weird thing is though, she has a sudden increased interest in eating solids (i.e. baby food) with a spoon. Go figure. So now how do I get liquids down her if she's no longer wanting her bottle but can't drink out of a sippy cup or regular cup either?
Another interesting observation. I learned that when Ava is sick, she is ULTRA sensitive! She doesn't want to cuddle and snuggle like my other kids did. She wanted to be left alone in her crib. I was so sad! Nothing I did was comforting her, that is, until I got out her favorite music toy. She didn't want to play with it, she only wanted to listen to the music. I talked to the OT about it to see what her take was. She explained that some kids are comforted by touch, and others by sound. Apparently Ava is an auditory person, something that will be helpful to know in the future.
It's neat to see that all my kids are so different. :)
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
A virus
Posted by liesel at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hope poor little Ava feels better. I also hope that Dennis is a cuddler.
Hope she feels better soon :o)
Sawyer likes to listen to Josh Groban. (The 3 Tenors are also favorites. For 3 years old, he's pretty highbrow) WHen he's sick, he'll just lay on the floor and listen to music. Now when he's upset, I can rub my face next to his and have that skin-to-skin touch and he calms right down.
Sure hope Ava feels better soon. She'll probably pick back up on the bottle once she's feeling better. Just give her lots of fruit and she'll get enough water in her. Does she like the pedialyte/kool aid/gatorade or something like that. My sons both like sprite or less sweet tea when they are sick.
Jan
You can buy Thick IT (at a pharmacy)to add to fruit juice or milk and make it into a pudding for her to eat. Then she gets her liquids.
From Guaymas, Mexico, this is nice to know...Opa
Post a Comment