CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Adventures of Flat Stanley (For Simeon)

Simeon I wanted to show you some photos of what Flat Stanley has been up to, so you can tell your class. Be sure you show them the map of where he is. Poor Flat Stanley. We have been so wrapped up in Ava we completely forgot about him in the adoption folder. Daddy wasn't too happy when I made him go back to the hotel today when I remembered. And he was a little embarrassed holding Stanley in front of the statues, at the fish market, etc.


Flat Stanley packed and ready to go on the trip of a lifetime...Ukraine



His first flight across the ocean


A statue of Lenin (Simeon, who is Lenin? Look him up in the encyclopedia and email me what you find out....Better yet, ask Opa)


Flat Stanley is looking for a souvenir from Ukraine. He can't find a russian hat his size. This one is made from rabbit fur.


Borsch for breakfast, borsch for lunch, borsch for dinner...Ask Oma to find a recipe (Opa can help you "google" one), and you guys can eat what we have been eating every day for the past two weeks!


Vickor thought we said Flat "Sandwich"


He finally made his way into the arms of the sweetest little orphan at Orphanage #13

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That last picture of Ava would lead us to believe that she is making progress with you being there. Her tongue inside her mouth, she appears to be looking at the person taking the picture....uhmnn... I'm sure she'll improve remarkably, might want to chart her weight etc...for future reference.

amyl4 said...

Too cute Charissa! I remember taking Flat Stanley around years ago for my oldest boys and I'm sure Caleb will be bringing him home soon too.:)
Amy

Michelle said...

Is Flat Stanley a downloadable guy? My kids would get the biggest kick out of taking him places! Those pictures are great, Charissa!

Michelle (Cincinnati, Ohio)

Anonymous said...

Flat Stanley is becoming a famous traveler. I am sure the children are getting the biggest kick out of this.

Anonymous said...

I bet none of the other students were able to get Stanley to Ukraine. Very cute. Ava is really looking cute. I am still praying they will wave the wait and get her home quickly.

Kayla

WheresMyAngels said...

How funny, and OMGOSH, that last picture of your daughter is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too beautiful!

Chelley said...

I found your blog from reading Smiles and Trials and I am so glad that I have been able to read your story!!

Ava is so very blessed! I cant wait to continue to follow your story!

Tim Rovenstine said...

Your sister Marlita watched kids last night while we stepped out of the Home Base....to have dinner with your friends, Dr. Krautter. Marlita was blogging a very interesting personal story that happened to your girl Liesel. When she got to the end to post her comments, she didn't have the CODE and account to blog on John's Site and she let this story be deleted. I think it needs to be told.
We have been told by those with DS children, that their presence in the home shapes, forms, and causes kids to mature faster, sense responsibility and casts a world view that makes a difference. This began to happen yesterday for Liesel.
She got up quite happy and proud to don a tee shirt with an IRON ON transfer slick photo of Ava, to show off her little sister to friends at school.
It didn't take very long for other kids at school to tease her and say. WHO IS THAT? Is that your picture when you were little? And then laugh, and laugh. And the kids told Liesel that her sister Ava looked stupid, dumb, and WHY would she were that shirt.
When Marlita your sister sat on the bed scratching little Liesels back and this story emerged, Marlita fought to hold back the tears when she was telling it. So, with the joy, sometimes comes pain. You'll probably see many scenarios similar to this in 2008, you don't know what all is waiting for you.
I'm sure your lady judge will go home tonight thanking God for the two of you that showed up in her court. We're praying.

Anonymous said...

Just saw John's blog and we are so happy for you all. Little Ava will be home soon and playing with her siblings. How did she like her first ride in the Taxi? You have a special girt from God. Congrats