-Had coffee with my good friend Kirsten
-Picked up the last of the photos for the photo album to show the judges and orphanage staff
-Went shopping for JEANS, and failed. When I started packing I realized the 10 pounds I gained over the holidays narrowed my
jeans selection to TWO pairs. Factor in the long johns I'd be wearing underneath, and the 10 extra pounds that I'm supposed
to gain once I'm there (I'm told the food is incredible and fattening, and there is chocolate everywhere!), and I decided I had to
buy some jeans....Like I said though, I failed. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Who spends their last day shopping for jeans!? And
WHO spends $59 on Gap jeans!!!
-Ate lunch with Liesel
-Took video footage of my kids to download for the quiet moments when I'm missing them terribly. They weren't very
cooperative. All I got was, "Mom, I don't want you to video me!" "Mom, I want to go finish the movie." "I don't know what to say."
-Vaccuumed the house
-Cut Liesel's hair
P.S. The link to the upper right is my dad's blog. My parents are in Ohio, along with my 92 yr. old grandma (spunk runs in our family)... watching and home schooling my brother's 4 kids while my brother and his wife are in Morocco for their 10 yr. anniversary vacation. As soon as they are finished there they are coming here to watch our kids for the next three weeks. Watching his blog about my nieces and nephews makes me realize my kids will NOT be missing out here. I am so grateful for them, doing this with no break in between. Meanwhile, hopefully I can talk him into keeping up with his blog while we are overseas so we can get a glimpse into their daily activities!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
What I did today
Posted by liesel at 5:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Do double check you get all cables, connections, and options to follow plan A,....B.....and C. Tonight here in Pittsburgh we wanted to SKYPE someonés parents in Morocco, and we didn't bring a cable along, so we text. Once you get in Ukrainian markets, prices RISE, and models will be Windows 98, SE. USB ports will be novel. I went to Napster to try to find some theme music for your blogspot.
oh...my...goodnes.... The moment is upon you....
We arrive in Ukraine on 1/20 too, but later in the day. Like you, I know we'll be jet-lagged. Our appt is on 1/23.
email me at kquinbyjohnson@comcast.net if you like and perhaps we can cross paths in Kiev
Kathy
Jeans
Try re-sale store. In Austin, Goodwill is the BEST place to buy jeans. Don't know about there.
You're in our prayers.
We're excited!
J&B Lewis
Post a Comment