CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fun Morning Routine

Once again, a great idea stolen from somebody else: The kids' morning routine set to music. I got this idea from Family Fun Magazine, and to be honest, I probably never would have taken the time to do it had it not been for the fact that we will be away for several weeks, and we wanted to make the children's routine as easy and consistent as possible for our children's caretakers.

John starts the music CD at 7:40am. It starts with Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" (If you've ever seen Groundhog Day, you'll understand why we picked this for the wake-up song). Each song represents a morning activity. Here's how it goes:

I Got You Babe- wake up, use bathroom
Good Morning Beautiful- make bed, straighten room
Changes- change clothes and put away PJs
Move It Move It (Madagascar)- "move it" to the breakfast table
Jesus What a Saviour You Are- Breakfast and family devotions
How Great is Our God- Breakfast and family devotions
Saint Behind the Glass- Morning chores- trash, table, feed dog
Brushin' Your teeth (found it on itunes)- teeth, face and hair
Walkin' on Sunshine- grab backpacks and lunchboxes and to the bus

I can't believe how well this is working! No more yelling and repeating myself again, and again, and again, and again, day after day...after day. We all love it and I highly recommend anybody with kids try it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you kids getting up to "Agape Land" and "Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning It's time to rise and shine!" Looks like history is repeating itself! We caretakers can't wait to see this in action each morning. Maybe I will just make myself a copy to take home to get us up in the morning and to remind us of some special memories! Oma

Carri said...

I'm going to have to try this! Maybe I should make one for myself, to get me moving through all of my morning tasks. I need a really good song to get me out of bed, to begin with.