CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Making progress!

-Sheets are washed
-Bathrooms are cleaned
-Jeans problem solved...Thanks to my good friend Kirsten who heard me griping about it over coffee yesterday and brought me a pair her old Gap jeans....yes the $59 kind, but they weren't working for her, and they fit perfectly and are oh-so-comfortable. Thank the Lord and thank you Kirsten!
-Flat Stanley....well, turns out laminating machines melt crayon-who knew! So we went for Plan B: Packing tape. Worked pretty well, and much cheaper I'm sure
-Had Mazzio's pizza with Jude and Hope. What delightful children I have!:)
-Still got a big messy house to clean up, and I decided to enjoy my children tonight and leave the cooking for our wonderful babysitters (I know they won't mind).

If you remember to pray for us, John has some deadlines that he is trying to meet before we leave. There's a chance he may be able to take some work with us, but it all depends on what kind of internet connection we have access to. And of course the obvious, travel, Ava's health and adjusting to her new parents, the siblings at home who are very excited about having a new sister but may not yet know the extent of her special needs and demands. And for me as I miss my babies! The thing is, I know I will be missing them more than they are missing me, and in a weird kind of way, that makes me feel better.

7 comments:

Chad and Dana said...

Charissa ~ I've been thinking about you guys all day! We will pray for your family and for your safety. What a journey you and John are about to have!!! I'm giddy for you!! Enjoy every single moment...even the boring or sleep deprived ones ;-). Hugs! Dana Horton

amyl4 said...

Charissa,
I absolutely can't wait to see you holding Ava!!!! God speed!!!
Amy

Christina said...

Enjoy your family tonight! Then go and GROW your family by one more tomorrow! Can't wait to see pics of you and Ava! I will be praying for you and your kiddos at home!

Christina from RR

Jill Rude said...

Praying for you and John, Charissa!! Was just reading your dad's blog...your kids are going to have a great time when Oma and Opa come to stay (looks like your brother's kids are having a blast!) :-) Enjoy your time...and please blog once or twice if you can!!! Love,Jill

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know how we can pray for each of you! We are so excited for you guys and look forward to the moment when you first hold Ava in your arms and finally the moment when you have her in her new home! Keep us updated on ways we can serve you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys

We will be praying for you and can't wait to catch up with you when you get back. You are awesome and don't worry your kids are in great hands.

Blessings
Frikkie

Arizona mom to eight said...

We are so excited for your family, praying little Ava is healthy and ready for you to take her home.

Hopes for an easy adoption for you.

Kris RR