It seems this little girl of ours, who we haven't even met yet, is already loved. When Aunt Sharon came to visit she brought a coat and an outfit for Ava. My sister stopped by the house today, with a sweater for Ava. Oma knitted her a hat and a sweet little blanket for her bed. A couple of times I have been at the GoodWill, and I found a couple of toys that I thought..."I bet Ava would love that." I have heard that children with Down Syndrome love music, so I have picked up a couple of musical toys here and there.
Today there was a little package in my mailbox with these little socks and mittens. My friend Jill (my old college roommate) HAND knitted them! I am so impressed. Some people get all the talent! Thank you Jill!
I am so thankful for friends and family members who have demonstrated their love and support through this adoption process in so many different ways. It means so much when people ask, "How is the adoption coming along?" We just received an email from the church we have only been attending for a few months, asking how they can support us, and wanting to help the orphanage by supplying some of their basic needs.Another friend, Tina, is helping us find good deals on airfare for our second trip. We feel so blessed to be a part of a community like this.
I've also had the privilege of being a part of a WONDERFUL special-needs adoption yahoo group. My husband wonders why I have been spending so much time on the computer. It's because I'm hanging out with my friends in cyberspace. I am so thankful for the technology that has the ability to connect all these mothers with so much in common; i.e. We love kids with disabilities, and we are passionate about finding or being families to them! How lost I would feel if it were not for these fellow adoptive mothers who have paved the way before me, prayed with me, encouraged me, shared stories about their adopted children...And there are SIX of us special-needs mamas who will all be traveling to Ukraine within a week or so of each other. I received a case of DVD's from one of my special-needs-adoption cyberfriend, for entertainment while in Ukraine, and there is a box on its way from Ohio tonight containing power converters, hairdryer, money belts, and a couple of gifts for Ava and some of her "roommates".
We are so blessed. And we are SO SO excited!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Loved already
Posted by liesel at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
And WE are all excited FOR you. My kids keep wanting to watch the "Reece's Rainbow" video so that they can see Ava.
Nanny, who is Ava's 92 yr. old Great Grandmother also wanted to watch the video again to see this special loved child. We all cant wait to spoil her a little. Oma here
Do have back up plan B and C, as to how to communicate from Ukraine to Broken Arrow, so we can continue to see the development and tag along to see how you jump through all of the hoops.
Do have back up plan B and C, as to how to communicate from Ukraine to Broken Arrow, so we can continue to see the development and tag along to see how you jump through all of the hoops.
Hi Charissa,
My Annie, who is 3 and has Down Syndrome adores music. Anytime the Newsboys, He Reigns, song comes on she starts raising her hands and sing ing and praising Jesus! Although, with Ava, you might want to start her on something a little more quiet! :)
Karen, from RR
Charissa, you are also very loved already, by a friend out here in cyberspace who feels SO INCREDIBLY BLESSED to be adopting the SAME time and in the SAME city as you!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you there. I already consider you my friend, and can't wait to introduce you to some Ukrainians (besides Ava!!) Haha!
...PS. I am not talented like your college roomate, though, so although I love you already, I WON'T be knitting you any socks or mittens! But I DO have a cold-weather surprise for you in my suitcase - see you there!
Post a Comment