Won't she look adorable in this hat, handmade by her Oma!
Here is a little orphan girl's first possessions...a book, a pink coat (Thanks Aunt Sharon!), pink socks, 3 pink and white outfits,a pink handknit hat (thanks Oma) and a pink and white teddy bear that sings (with her family's voices singing). I hope she likes pink!
We know she weighs 18 pounds, so I guessed her size to be about 18mo. I have been thinking how strange it will feel to be carrying a 4 year old girl who is half the size of Hope, and actually the size of a one-year old. As far as Hope is concerned, she is getting a baby sister, and for now I'm not going to tell her otherwise. Eventually Hope will understand that she gets to be the big sister and the little sister all at the same time.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Ava's suitcase
Posted by liesel at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Can't wait to see her in the shiny pink coat in Ukraine, Charissa!!! Those things - the soft clothes, the sweet bear that sings to her - will be treasures to your Ava.
You're engaging us all on the level of our emotions, touching our heart. LIFE was meant to be lived out more with the heart, than facts, figures, numbers and data. Charge on!
Isn't this fun? Getting to buy her all of these things and the anticipation of seeing her wear them!! The hat is so cute!!
Amy
Absolutely precious! Can't wait to see pictures of her wearing these pretty pink outfits with her Mama's arms wrapped snuggly around her!
Christina
Ahhh! Those are beautiful little clothes and the teddy bear is adorable. I know she will love the pink. Makes me long for a little girl myself. :o)
Martha S.
What fund to pack her bag, knowing she'll be with you SO soon! It's so exciting, and I can't wait to see pictures of her in her pink attire!!!
Charissa, how many times have you packed and unpacked that little bag this week??? Wow, I cant believe that you are going to be holding her soon!
The hat is adorable.
Very cute and sweet little girl goodies.
My son was 14 mos at adoption and weighed 18 mos and wore one year clothes (just as a reference for sizes).
Post a Comment