CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our SDA Appointment

to
Our SDA appointment


Yulia, our facilitator



We ate dinner with Mike and Meredith! Happy Birthday Meredith!
The appointment went so well! We were met by the psychologist (more like the equivalent of a social worker, I think), and her translator. She had Alina's file open on her desk when we got there, and there was the sweetest photo of her when she was 4 months old. John and I looked at each other and we both burst into tears. I wonder what they were thinking. We were expecting to be asked a lot of questions, but they just asked if we were aware the child had Down Syndrome and a heart defect. They told us a little bit about her parents. Her mom was a 30 yr. old social worker, and her dad was a 32 yr. old inspector. Both were educated and professional, and she was abandoned at the hospital at birth. Her picture is so sweet. They let us keep it, under the condition that we leave them a more recent photo of her, which we were so glad we brought with us!

We leave on a train tomorrow night, and will meet her on Thursday!

25 comments:

Christina said...

This is all such wonderful news!! I am so happy for you! What a blessing to get to meet up and eat with Meredith and her husband as well! My heart and my prayers are with you in Ukraine! Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful new little girl!

Christina
RR Yahoo Group

Valerie said...

I am so, so glad to hear things went so well!! Congratulations on a great appointment! Have a safe trip to Artemovsk! I cannot wait to see pictures of the three of you together!

Anonymous said...

HURRAY! I'm so excited for you to finally meet your little girl.
~Lisa
(RR group)

Bethany said...

Oh, I'm so happy for an update! This is great news ... I can't wait to hear about the big meet! :)

Julie said...

This is such wonderful news! My prayers are with you as you finally get to see you daughter.
Blessings,
Julie O.

Karen said...

Yeah! What a blessing that you get a picture of her as a baby! Something for her memory book too! Can't wait for more updates and pictures tommorrow! We'll keep praying you through this!

Shervheims

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pictures. Your 4 kids were smiling and each felt special that you thought of them, and mine too. They are looking forward to calling you tonight. I cried when I read your blog. This is like the pushing stage of labor! Your so close to meeting your Baby Girl! Marlita

The Spicer Family said...

Praising the Lord and crying happy tears here! I cannot wait until I see pictures of you holding that darling girl! \o/

Adam Palmer said...

I can hardly believe it. What wonders God hath wrought in your lives and the lives of your children. I'm unspeakably excited for you and can't wait to read about your meeting!

Anonymous said...

I would think I could get used to blogging through tears! I think it will continue. How great to hear this wonderful update! We just know each day will bring more answers to our prayers. Can someone take your picture as you first meet? Maybe your facilatator can do us all this favor! WE ARE EXCITED TO BE WITH YOUR OTHER FOUR CHILDREN TONIGHT...From Pittsburgh Airport, en route to Oklahoma..Oma

Shelley said...

YEA!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you with Ava!!!! Enjoy your train ride to Artemovsk....what a ride!

michelle said...

Charissa,

I remember the plane ride from London to Entebbe. It was amazing. The incredible African sun rising as we flew in just like in the movies. U2 came on and "Waiting On The Crumbs From Your Table" a song about Africa and its peoples hardships. I WAS THERE! Much to my surprise so was our little Sterling. Standing waiting for me. The one I dreamed of the one I cried over night after night wondering if he would know me, would he love me, would he be scared of me,what would the kids think,would I love him the same? So many questions. But in that moment none of that mattered, he was there and in my arms and it was heaven. Words can not explain the rush of love that I had as I held him and promised him I was his mommy and he was no longer an orphan. Congratulations. May you be met with the same love and tenderness I was met with. I love you both.

Anonymous said...

Yulia/Julia was our translator too!!! We LOVE her.
so glad to hear that the SDA appointment went well.
I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!!

junglemama said...

How cool! I just asked if they let you keep the picture on your other blog. I'm so excited for you!

amyl4 said...

I would have burst into happy tears too! I'm so happy everything went well for you all! I am very excited to see pics of Ava soon!!
Amy

Christina said...

AWwww sounds like your appointment went really good! And the picture of you guys with Meredith and Mike is awesome!! Can't wait to see a picture of your baby girl!

Anonymous said...

This is all so very amazing. Each moment seems to be filled with answers to prayers and new adventures for you both. Your whole family, including the extended family, is being blessed by this journey. God bless you all...and many prayers go with you each day. You both touch the lives of so many. Love, Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

I had a dream last night, that you guys came home early with Ava !! && our family met you at the airport and I got to hold Ava in my arms. She was like a little baby. But perfectly healthy ! I'm sooo excited for you guys !! Do you know anything about Denis' new family ??
-Heather

Sandi said...

We have kept your family in our prayers. Looking forward to Thursday! Congratulations.

Our Family said...

We're happy everything went great at the appointment. Have a safe trip to the region!

Arizona mom to eight said...

I am thrilled you got there safely, and will be meeting sweet Ava soon. PTL. I can't wait to see pictures.

Kris

WheresMyAngels said...

Can't wait to hear more and see some beautiful pictures of you all together! Loved the pictures from today, you all look so happy!

spahrfamily said...

Thoughs and prayers with you guys. Thank you for sharing your journey. Beautiful photos too.
Martha S.

Tina Koen said...

You are right where the Father wants you:) What a build up to this point for you guys. It's no wonder you burst into tears: for all the prayers, paper work, tears, concerns, doubts, hopes, love, fear, and finally the goal is in site...the beautiful picture of your precious daughter. For all you have persevered through, WELL DONE! We love you guys and look forward to your next update. God bless you both. Enjoy the train trip and let us know your contact details at the new lodging...
Tina and Frikkie

Tami said...

I'm glad everything went smoothly. How smart of you to ask for the photo!!! Can't wait to hear the story of meeting your little girl. Have a safe trip.