CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Procrastinators

I am laughing at the sounds I am hearing coming from behind me. It is past midnight, we haven't finished packing, and John is listening to a CD for learning russian. What did we think, we were going to learn russian 9 hours before we leave for Ukraine? I can hardly contain my laughter right now. Maybe I have the sleepy sillies. We are so bad!!

I do have to say it was pretty sweet hearing him rewind and rewind on the part that said, "I am your papa." "I am your papa". "I am your papa."...."Ya vseg-da boo-doo tvoy papa".

OK now I am seriously going to get to work packing. The kids are asleep, the house is clean, the laundry is done, all the instructions are written out, the power of attorney signed. Now all we have to do is finish packing and learn russian.

7 comments:

Tami said...

...and get some sleep. I hope you got some sleep! ;) Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

It is exciting adventure, and if anyone did it with pomp, ceremony and class, you get the award. Hopefully people reading your blogspot will be nudged to see adoption as way to give family to people who unfortunately are displaced for one reason or other.

Anonymous said...

we are with you in every way. If you dont get the Russian down pat, lots of smiles will do the trick! Love Oma

Stephanie said...

Charissa, I think you are flying through the air right now somewhere!!! While you are scrambling around in a crazy foriegn country remember to above all else HAVE FUN!!! When you get to the orphanage please give a hug to Roman for me if you are allowed, or atleast flash a smile his way... the boy still pulls on my heart strings :( I cant wait to see a picture of Ms Ava Urban!!

Karen said...

Charissa - can't wait to hear about your trip! Am thinking about you all day - flying through the air! Praying for you! Hey, I live in North Dakota - this weekend the temp. is -11 deg with a windchill of -40 deg - yes, that's below zero! I know it can get that cold in your country! I hope it doesn't it! Can't wait to see your little sweet daughter! Karen, RR

Missy said...

How excited I am!! You are going to meet your little girl in just a few short day! Woohoo!! I hope you have a safe trip and don't get too awfully tired. :)

Dalene said...

You have a gift for storytelling. I am reminded why I always looked forward to getting your letters in the mail when I was a teenager. It is your unwavering faith in God and your never ending resolve that inspires us. Your joy brings joy to our life. And I'm laughing that Johnny is learning Russian the night before you left. You're gone now but we're praying for you.