CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The anticipation is building..


Tonight we take a train from Kiev to our favorite little town in Ukraine, Artemovsk. I have warm feelings thinking about that little town on the far eastern side of Ukraine. I wonder if the people will be friendly. I know that we will be looking many men and women in the eyes, wondering if he or she is the birth parent who couldn't love and care for the little girl who will soon be our daughter.

I am trying to remember if I had so many butterflies right before I met my other children. I'm sure I did, but I probably didn't notice for the contractions! Or the heartburn. I wonder what we'll do when we see her for the first time. I wonder what she will think of us, standing over her crib, saying in russian, we are her mama and papa. I hope she likes us. I KNOW she will LOVE her brothers and sisters. What a different life she will have soon.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. We love reading your comments!!!! It helps us to feel not so alone in this faraway place, we feel your love!

For a VERY special surprise, take a look at John's blog!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you, Charissa. I just LOVE reading both of your blogs. What a BEAUTIFUL picture John posted!! I'm so excited for you. Your post this morning brought tears to my eyes.
I'm praying for all of you.
~Lisa

Julie said...

What a special gift to all of us back home to be able to experience this with you. Thanks for all your entries, and to John for posting the beautiful picture of your sweet girl. I can' wait to hear more. Praying your trip to see your little girl is wonderful!
~Julie

The Spicer Family said...

Oh, I can hardly wait until a picture of the three of you appears on my screen!!! I sure want to see Ava OUT of that crib and in her parents' arms!

spahrfamily said...

I am so excited for you guys. You are a beautiful family and I know you are both so excited about meeting her for the first time. I am tearing up just thinking about it. So special! Hugs and Prayers!
Martha S.

Anonymous said...

We are on pins and needles with you just so excited for that moment when you see Ava and tell her the wonderful news...she has parents, brothers, sisters, a home! We're so thankful you set up this blog! One thing that really blew my mind was that Ava's blood parents were qualified but chose not to keep her...I can not imagine...but God had a better plan in mind for this little angel! Praising Him with you! love and hugs, Janell and Kenny

Anonymous said...

What an incredible event. Did you ever stop to think how the Lord is working? Praise Him for allowing the volunteer for the later flight from Chicago. Now, we pray for a speedy governmental decision and for John's & Charissa's continued safety, warmth and good health. God Bless!

John & Mary Nell
(John's Parents-Clovis NM)

WheresMyAngels said...

It is so exciting reading yours and Meridiths blog! I feel so excited for both your family's.

junglemama said...

I can't wait to read more! Can you refer me to John's blog?

Anonymous said...

An answer to all our prayers: a happy beginning and safe travel for John & Charissa. Ava seems to be a very happy child! God Bless.

John & Mary Nell
(John's parents-Clovis NM)