Did you know you can put your favorite blogs on a "google reader" and it checks your blogs for you so that you don't have to? Pretty handy and time-saving, if you are like me and like to read blogs in your "spare time".
The other day Jude asked John, "What is a block, Dad?" To which John replied something like this: "It is short for a web log, it is a website, usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.....Why do you ask?"
And Jude said, "Because a kid in my class said he lives just a couple of blocks from us."
Now what I would like to know about blogs is, how do people get all the little flowery designs? I'd really like to have that! If you know, please tell.
10 comments:
I've seen some people get their 'fancy' blog layout/backgrounds from here: http://www.pyzam.com/
I've not gotten brave enough to try it. If you find something, let me know. I might venture into the world of 'fancy' layouts too.
Jan
I actually use a cool website called blogliens to watch all my fave blogs - super easy and free :)
And I use pyzam for my lay-out. It's not as pretty and special as some, but again, it's FREE!!
Jennifer
mom to a 5-year-old Ukie cutie
oops - I meant *bloglines* :)
A lot of people use pyzam, but when I tried it, it messed my blog all up and I had to redo most everything except for my entries. It irritated me, so I went back to my plain old pink. Let me know if you find one that is easy to use. I know my friend payed someone relatively cheap to make hers cute for her. You can see hers and it has a link to the girl who made it. http://paperdolldesignsblog.blogspot.com/
There's a lady Rebecca, she posts on downsyn(I believe you've posted there a time or two) who re did mine and a bunch of my friends. You should try to contact her. Just look her up in the memberlist and ask her. :) Your picture at the top sure is cute!
Oh and I LOVE Google reader!
I use Google Reader to check the blogs I follow. Yours is on there! :-) I learned about it in a friend's blog. I love Google and all the features they have available that makes the internet not only fun, but productive! :-)
Question, Charissa . . . what sizes are your girls now wearing?
Blessings!
The girls? As in plural? Liesel is size 8, Hope is 4/5, Ava is 2T, on the verge of a 3T, no joke. She has gotten so chubby! Maybe we need to lay off the Pediasure for awhile! :)
You did it! I see you used the pattern of Ava's favorite "shress". It looks great!
Like the polka dots.
Looks Good!
Post a Comment