CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Truth

I've had a several people leave comments about how sweet my children are, and every time I read those comments I feel a twinge of guilt that perhaps I have not been so truthful on this blog. So here's the other side of the story. Today Simeon squished Hope's "pet" snail....just to see her cry. Liesel pouted halfway across town because somebody interrupted her. Hope called Jude a "big fat boy" resulting in tears and wailing because Jude retaliated with, "I'm gonna tell Dad." A few days ago, Ava bit Hope. That's alright though, Hope bit her back.

So we have our moments.....I do however, think they are pretty special kids. John says, "We might as well brag about our kids, nobody else will." So I will continue to brag, and I'll try to remember to occasionally tell the other side of the truth too.

11 comments:

Me said...

LOL...that is so hilarious! I'm sure they are still as sweet as they seem. They have an envious combination...sweet AND gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am first hand witness, how Ava was crying, and you asked Hope what happened. She truthfully admitted she had bitten Ava, because Ava had bitten her, then they both cried. Ah...such is life. Opa

jennifer... said...

You win either way because now they're even cuter.

amyl4 said...

Charissa,
Your kids are darlings, so don't you have any guilt over telling us just the great stuff! They are still awesome, sweet children!:)I love reading EVERYTHING about them.:) You have been blessed beyond measure!
Amy

Michelle said...

Charissa - That is the funniest post ever! You crack me up :o)

WheresMyAngels said...

Charissa, your disappointing me. First I find out that you didn't hand make the poka dots on the cakes, and now I find out your kids are perfect.lol

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that my children aren't the only ones who do things like that. Thanks for sharing.

junglemama said...

Finally the truth comes out! Just kidding. :)

Dalene said...

But remember....

You should never let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

I always thought that the scrapbooking people had it right: "Creative Memories." Only document what you want to remember. And be creative in the retelling. ;o)

Did I ever tell you about the time Kirsten hit Spencer on the back of the head with a hand shovel? Good memories there.

Deb D. said...

The post from Amy W. says just what I would have. :-)

Dolores said...

I am Laughing out loud here, so funny Charissa! Of course this stuff happens with siblings, we all know it. You are a hoot.
Dolores